7

He woke up with a really bad hangover. He grunted and rolled around to get back to sleep. Then it hit him. His eyes flew open and he gasped. His anxiety level sky rocked. No! No! No! He had left a horrible voice message to Louis last night.

A cold sweat broke loose while he searched for his phone in a panic. He couldn't call him but he could send a text. His hands were shaking while his fingers flew over the phone.

Louis! For the love of God, don't listen to that voice mail. Delete it. I'm begging you! I'm so, so sorry. I was really drunk and didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Don't get curious. It's just me talking bullshit. I didn't mean a word of it. /Harry

Yeah, that probably only made things worse but he realized that as he pressed send. He spent a half-hour cursing and screaming into the pillow before he got up and hit the shower. He was not in a good place. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

When he returned to his bedroom after the shower he checked his phone and his stomach did backflips when he saw that Louis had replied to his text. He opened in.

Okay

That was it? Okay? What the hell did that mean? That he wouldn't listen to the voice mail? That he had heard it but believed that he didn't mean what he said? He spent the rest of the day obsessing over it.

On Monday he admitted to Niall what he had done.
"You didn't!" Niall gasped.

"I did." Harry answered and hid his face in his hands.

Niall stared at him with his mouth hung open. Then he started to laugh.
"It's not funny Nialler."

"It kind of is. Totally inappropriate." Niall cackled.

"I know! What do I do now? Try and talk with him?" Harry whined.

"Absolutely not. Keep your distance." Niall answered.

Harry stuck to Niall's advice and avoided Louis like the plague. He kept busy, finishing the final elements for the wedding.

He met up with Eleanor on Wednesday for a final fitting of her wedding dress. He arrived with his heart in his throat, afraid that she would go ballistic on him but she was as sweet as usual so Louis couldn't have told her about the drunken voice message. He felt relieved and guilty at the same time.

On Thursday he and Niall went to the vineyard to oversee the work of turning it into the perfect wedding location. He spent the whole day fluffing tulle, calling the catering company, and making sure that all the flowers would be delivered in time. All with a heavy heart.

He went to bed early, exhausted from it all. But first, he texted Zayn to confirm their date on Saturday. He had to try and move on.

On Friday he went back to the vineyard again for the final touch. Eleanor and Louis were meeting him there and he was nervous about it.

He kept it professional and walked them through it all, blushing on the inside from embarrassment. Louis kept staring at him pensively and he refused to meet his gaze.

They looked at the seating chart to make sure that everyone was at the right table and Harry made sure that they had ordered the food they wanted. Thankfully they had decided to skip a rehearsal dinner. Harry never really understood why people had that.

The priest showed up to go through the ceremony and that was when Harry went to look for Zayn. He didn't even want to see them pretend to get married. He found Zayn and waved at him.
"Hi there. How are you?"

"I'm good. This wedding has given us a lot to do. It's a big wedding party." Zayn smiled.

Harry's mood dropped. Fucking wedding.
"Yeah. Why do you have the day off tomorrow?"

"Well, you hired your own staff so there's not much for me to do." Zayn chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Harry answered.

"Don't be. I'm looking forward to our date. I haven't been to a nice restaurant in ages." Zayn smiled.

Now he just felt awful.
"Yeah, me too."

"How are you able to leave the wedding? Isn't this your big night as well?" Zayn asked.

Oh, he wished it was.
"Not really. I'm all about the planning. Niall will make sure that everything runs smoothly tomorrow."

"Alright. I'll see you for dinner then. I have to get back to work." Zayn said.

Harry said goodbye and went to see if the priest was done. Luckily they seemed to be wrapping it up. He went to stand next to Niall. Eleanor and Louis came up to them when they were done with the priest.
"Any last questions?" Harry asked and shot them a simple smile.

"I don't think so. Hun?" Eleanor said and looked at her fiance.

"Nope." Louis replied, popping the p.

"Great! Make sure to get a good night's sleep. We'll meet here at ten tomorrow. Hair and makeup will be set up for you Eleanor. The guest will arrive at three and the wedding starts at four. I'll see you tomorrow then." Harry said and hurried to get away.

Louis came running after him.
"Harry? Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Crap! Harry looked around to make sure that no one heard them.
"Is it about the wedding?"

"You know what it's about." Louis sighed and dragged a hand through his hair.

Double crap!
"Right. I'm so sorry about that. I was really drunk but that's a really bad excuse. It was really unprofessional of me and I'm mortified. Please just ignore it. I didn't mean it. I have to go." Harry said and rushed off. Louis watched him leave.

Harry got in his car and let out a bunch of swearing words while he bashed his head against the steering wheel. One more day of this madness and then Louis would ride into the sunset with his bride and he could forget that they had ever met. He could do this!