Chapter 6: The beginning of something new

It was time for the chicks to leave the nest their parents built not so long ago. The males had already founded mates and were happily taking off with them after saying their goodbyes.

The only one left was the daughter who still didn't know where to go and with who.

There was a male always flying after her, trying to mate, but she always screeched at him. The poor neighbor robin didn't understand why the female refused to accept his gifts as in nourishments. It showed how good of a food provider he was. But this female wasn't having any of it. So, after several rejection, he founded another but willing robin this time.

The parents had already accepted their daughter's strange behavior and wished the best for her.

Pecking her for the last time, with a final look she flew far away from them trying to find her home.

                                                                                            ~*~

She founded herself on the cleaning again.

Maybe she had a death wish. Maybe she didn't care at all.

She felt different than the others. Like she couldn't fit in. She didn't want to be with a male or ... anyone at all.

She wanted to be left alone. Everyone's life was so...boring and uncolorful.

Every bird had basically the same life purpose.

1. Hatch out of the egg

2. Eat and sleep

3. Learn how to fly

4. Find a mate

5. Make a home

6. Sit on eggs

7. Teach your chicks

8. Bid them goodbye

9. Maybe do these once again

10. Die

The robin didn't want to have a life like this. She wanted to see the world and not just the same forest for who knows how many years. She wanted excitement.

Deep in her thought she hadn't realized that she was standing in front of a tree.

Remembering, she noticed it is the same tree where she met the blackbird first.

Feeling brave and not caring at all she flew on the same branch and ruffled up her feathers to keep her warm. She had nothing to lose.

                                                                                            ~*~

Hearing the loud clapping of wings, she opened her eyes seeing that the blackbird had arrived before sunset.

Poor bird was surprised seeing the little orange thing on her branch but didn't do anything about it. Looking at her trying to find out if she is going to fly away again, she flew to the other end of the branch making the smaller bird feel safe.

Eyeing each other from far, the robin felt the excitement rush into her body. Her parents always taught her not to go in other birds' territory, but here she was sitting next to this other bird.

But she wasn't afraid anymore.

Hi there! Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked it! Thank you so much for reading! :)