chapter 1

Moving into a new house would be a big change, especially the fact there was a neighbor boy, yuck.

It was a rather warm summer in London, school had let out just a few weeks before and my parents had to move for a job. I opened up a window to let the cool breeze in as my hair blew in the wind and I took a deep breath of the sweet summer air.

After adding the finishing touches to my room I took a step back and examined my work.

Baby blue walls, a queen size bed with a cloud white quilt over it and matching furniture.

I decided to change out of this baggy t-shirt and into a flowery summer dress.

  I started to brush my long dirty blonde hair and I heard my mother knock in the door.

"Yes?" I answered, setting my brush down.

"The neighbors are over, they've brought housewarming gifts."

" Um, okay." I replied slipping out of my room.

As we walked down the hallway my mother told me there was a boy about my age that lived across the street.

"Oh that's great..." I said, rolling my eyes.

I walked down to see a boy with ebony hair and bright green eyes standing beside his mother.

As the mothers started mingling I felt as if I knew this boy from somewhere.

"Hi..." he mumbled "My names Jimmy." He said with an outstretched hand.

"Hi, my names Katherine." I admitted with a giggle, he was rather cute wasn't he?