ACT XXI: HOLLY POTTER, THE GIRL-WHO-LIVED

Holly was greatly annoyed by the headmaster, who had a nasty habit of always staring at her whenever he was near her.

It was getting really old and creepy, like could she eat in peace for once and not get stared down at like a piece of meat???

Even uncle Severus was annoyed by his constant staring. He even let her sometimes eat in his personal office with him, though the amount of times could only be counted on one hand.

Holly's fingers clenched tightly against her dad's sleeve in irritation and slight unease. Her dad's hand patted hers in soft reassurance. Wordlessly telling her everything would be okay.

"Dumbledore." Cepheus smoothly greeted calmly.

"Cepheus, my boy!" Dumbledore replied cheerfully.

'Tsk' Cepheus and Holly internally spat in disgust.

"Lord Potter," Cepheus calmly corrected.

Dumbledore's smile briefly faltered before rising again, "Excuse me, Lord Potter, this old headmaster couldn't help looking back at the time of your Hogwarts years when you walked through these halls as a student yourself. I briefly forgot you're now Lord Potter, my apologies."

Cepheus accepted the apology to not cause an unnecessary conflict in front of the crowd of watching underage students.

Cepheus had a slight smile on his face, "if you don't mind Headmaster Dumbledore, I would like a bit of space to talk to my daughter alone if that's alright."

"Surely my b— Lord Potter, you are more than welcomed to have dinner with us before you leave." Dumbledore happily suggested.

Cepheus saw his daughter's hopeful look and internally sighed. "I can only stay for a bit, I do have two underaged sons that need my care after all." He finally agreed.

Holly's face bloomed into a sunny expression, "That's okay dad! Come dad, I want to show you something cool!" Holly excitedly tugged her father's pants as they bid Dumbledore a good bye.

Once the old man was out of sight and far away, Holly's joyful expression dropped as she buried into her father's arms with a tearful expression.

"I really don't like him daddy. He always stares at me, as if he always expects something from me. I hate it." She complained her grievances to her father who she dearly missed.

Cepheus rubbed her back gently in comfort. "Do you remember the prophecy daddy has told you about?"

Holly nodded against his chest.

He let out a loud sigh, "since you "fulfilled" the requirements for the "prophecy" he most likely expects you to finish off that noseless bastard."

"I thought he died, after my mother's protection obliterated him?" Holly question.

"Dumbledore doesn't think that noseless bastard is fully gone yet. And is probably itching to make you his perfect soldier. So if you find something "mysterious" please don't thoughtlessly go out to solve it by yourself or with friends. Tell a professor or your uncle Snape." He warned her.

Holly nodded her head in obedience, "okay dad."

"So the noseless bastard—"

"No swearing."

Holly gave her dad the side eye, "okay. So the noseless man isn't fully gone yet?"

"He's still alive spiritually and is trying to find a way to create a new body, so don't let anyone take your blood. Do you understand?"

Holly nodded, "that's scary, do I really have to defeat him?"

Cepheus frowned, "Absolutely not."

"That is the responsibility of the adults, if they dare to put underaged children or barely aged adults in the front lines, I won't allow it." He promised.

Holly quietly sat in her father's arms as he easily held her in his arms, "Okay... I'll listen to you dad."

Cepheus kissed her forehead, "good."

'I will never let you be known as Holly, "the-girl-who-lived". But as, Holly Potter, the cheerful and carefree eldest daughter of Cepheus Potter. No, just being and living as herself is enough. Just being Holly Potter is enough'.

Cepheus did not want Holly to be crushed under the same responsibilities, pressure, and resentment he suffered through when he was the boy-who-lived.

And if anyone dares to oppose him... we'll see...

***
A/N: IM SO SORRRRRY!!!! AND YES IM ALIVE GUYS (=') but really I'm sorry it's been so long.

Also, yes Cepheus told her about her parents death and Voldemort's "vanquish" even though she's young because

1. Everyone pretty much "knows" what happened that night

2. It was better for Cepheus to tell her himself than for her to find out by herself through gossip and people telling her (possibly) false information.