Fearing

Clarke and Madi made their way up the second floor of the drop ship, but not before the youngest gave Fox instructions to came and get them if anything arose.

"Get out." Madi said with an eye roll to the fornicating couple in the back.

"Fuck off." One of the boys said.

"There's food downstairs." Clarke tried, her face flushed at the very explicit noise and sight the couple presented.

"Food?" The other boy asked.

"Yeah, yeah just leave." Madi rolled her eyes again. It was cruel she spent her life surrounded by the delinquents idiocy and now she'd probably die surrounded by it as well.

"Bellamy has a gun." Was the first thing Clarke said when the couple left.

"Oh." Madi looked startled at her sister's chooses start point. "Good for him?"

"No. I mean, yes, it's good for him." It was Clarke's turn to roll her eyes. "But it's bad for us, because that gun just so happens to be attached to a jerk."

"Oh." Madi nodded. "That's unfortunate."

"Yup." Clarke agreed, and the early awkward silence reigned once more.

"So..." Madi tried. "Was this what you wanted to talk about?"

"No, it wasn't." Her sister admitted.

"Okay."

"Okay." Clarke took a deep breath. "You should sit down."

"Alright." Madi said slowly, doing as her sister suggested and sitting at a chair facing her elder by all of a minute.

"You want me to check your wound?" Clarke was clearly delaying.

"Clarke," Madi made a point to make eye contact. "I'm fine. Just... Whatever it is you want to talk about you can trust me."

"It's my fault dad is dead." Clarke said at once, now avoiding looking into her sister's eyes at all costs.

"What?" Madi blinked.

"I- how much do you know?" Clarke asked and started pacing around the room.

"That dad died because of me." Madi answered simply.

"Because of you?"

"Well, yeah." The youngest shrugged in fake nonchalance that fooled no one, not with the devastated look in her eyes betraying her true feelings. "I was the one who found the oxygen failure, Clarkey."

"And I was the one who told Wells about it." Clarke said in the same defeated voice as her sister, after she got over the initial shock of her sister's admission. "I'm so, so sorry, Madi."

"What does Wells has to do with anything?"

"He was the one who told his father about what dad planned to do. He killed my father."

"Wait, what?"

"I didn't think he would, Madi, you have to believe me." Clarke begged.

"I... what?" Madi asked once more, the frown on her face getting more pronounced by the second.

"I destroyed our family." Clarke's choked out, tears now streaming down her face. She didn't want Madi to resent her now that they were finally together, but she deserved to know. "It's my fault, if I hadn't trusted him..."

"No!" Madi snapped before softening her voice when she realized her tone made her sister's tears increase in amount and desperation. "Clarke, you think Wells told the Chancellor about dad?"