412-424

Custom Made Demon King - Chapter 412
Chapter 412 Urizen
The appearance of these flying demons made Dante and the others immediately realize one thing—the interior of the Qliphoth might be empty!

When the Qliphoth was growing, it gave everyone the illusion that this tree was as solid as normal trees. But now, they realized that they could not judge these demon plants with common sense.

After the flying demons attacked the human air force, they retreated. The human troops on the ground also fell under attack, but this time, the ones attacking the human ground forces were not demons but the roots of the Qliphoth!

These roots separated from the soil and danced in the air, and on the ends of these tentacle-like roots was a long needle. After the needles pierced the human soldiers, they would quickly suck dry all their blood. This sudden change caused the soldiers to collapse.

Humans were afraid of death, and no one wanted to be sucked dry by this strange demon tree. Therefore, the soldiers who suffered mental breakdowns did not listen to orders at all. They cried, threw down their weapons, and fled in all directions.

The roots of the Qliphoth began to spread in the city. After defeating the human troops, they began to target civilians. The people who were still watching from afar in excitement were dumbfounded. Seeing the needles stabbing and killing the people in front one after another, they began to escape in panic. But there were still people who were grabbed by the needles that suddenly emerged from the ground.

No one knew to what extent the roots of the demon tree buried underground were. It was as though all of Red Grave City was within its hunting range. In just ten minutes, thousands of people had lost their lives. At this moment, the people in Red Grave City could no longer care about the feelings of having to leave their homes. They brought their families and used various vehicles to escape from Red Grave City.

However… this kind of swarm-like escape caused an enormous traffic jam. Even if someone stood out to organize it, this sort of emergency evacuation could not be completed in a short time. Countless civilians were blocked on various roads, and what greeted them were the vampire roots of the Qliphoth…

This day was a nightmare and disaster for the entirety of Red Grave City…

Dante and the others could estimate the situation outside the city, so they were extremely anxious. They had already guessed that this Qliphoth had suddenly stopped growing because it was about to bear fruit! When plants grew fruits, it was usually for reproduction. At that time, plants required a lot of nutrients. From the situation of the Qliphoth attacking humans, the nutrient it needed was undoubtedly blood. If it could not be stopped as soon as possible, the nearly one million people in Red Grave City would fall into the mouth of this demon tree.

Thus, Dante and the others rushed toward the Qliphoth without hesitation. Since the inside of the tree was hollow, even if there was no entrance, they could find a way to break in.

They indeed accomplished it. Perhaps it was because the Qliphoth began hunting humans with its roots that the crisscrossing roots of this massive tree finally revealed a gap, allowing them to enter the interior of the tree smoothly.

Here, they saw the complex maze-like paths inside the tree and the large number of demons occupying this enormous ‘treehouse’.

“Were these demons inside this tree from the beginning, or were they summoned here after the tree stopped growing?” Dante muttered.

“It should be the latter…” V said solemnly. “Moreover, it should be the mastermind…” “Damn it… What the hell did you do, Vergil…” Of course, Dante knew who the mastermind that V said was. Thinking that his brother was the one who caused this huge disaster, he felt upset. No matter what Vergil wanted to do, he had to stop him.