chapter 8 : Farewell*

[Back to xiaozhan's pov]

The day they saw my marks on body , I ran out. I didn't know where I was going but later I ended up sitting on a bench of a store.
My eyes were swallowed and more interesting thing is that I don't have a single yuan with me.

Damn wang yibo , I hate you.
As it was already evening i was about to start walking towards the wang mansion since I don't want to face mrs.wang scolding me. Let me tell you, never in my life did I saw a woman like her. I am pissed off . Totally.
I thought I exited hell but it's not like i entered heaven.
It's another hell. At home , I had to face mrs.wang and do her so called orders. And at school I was beaten up by wang yibo.

Since both papa wang and kuan ge comes late in the evening I had to be bullied by mrs.wang. sometimes she would let all the servants rest and I had to do their tasks. When papa wang and kuan ge comes she behaves like an angel, as if nothing had happened.

Now I remember what uncle Xiao said to me before I entered wnag mansion, iron can cut an iron. I think...maybe I got it's meaning.

"Oi! You are xiaozhan?" I heard a voice calling me.

"Um yes?" I responded while looking at the guy infront of me. He had a grumpy face with his brows furrowed together. He seemed a bit angry. But I'm telling you I didn't offend him.

"I'm jiang Cheng. Follow me if you don't want to die here" saying that he started to walk off.

What did he mean ? I didn't move because of hesitation.

"Come on ,I will not eat you up." He said again. This time he sounded really pissed.

Then I was offered to follow him to a car. I don't know if I will end up in a mess again.
I sat on the backseat with him beside me.
I watched him searching something in his bag.

He threw a plain shirt on me and said , " here change it"
Looks like I meet a good person. "Thanks"

After a 10 minute ride we were infront of a huge house again. But it's not wang mansion. It is as big as wang mansion. Does he also know me ? And how ?
I followed him behind as he walked ahead.
"Young master jiang"
And the guy named jiang Cheng responded with a simple nod unlike the wangs who puts on airs.

I entered the mansion . It is cozy inside . It gives a warm feeling.
When I was at the wangs , everything was elegant, black and shiny things . It gave me a feeling of loneliness.

"Jie !! I'm home!" Jiang Cheng yelled.

A beautiful lady walked down from the 2nd floor with a smile on the face.
She came and ruffled Jiang Cheng's hair.
"You are late ! But he is..."

"Oh Jie, he is the one, Xiao zhan"

The next moment I was sitting on a round sofa with jiang Cheng and the beautiful lady who Jiang cheng called jie and another middle aged man.
The feeling is awkward.

"Hello , I'm your uncle jiang. Your mother's brother. When I reached your house your uncle xiao said you were taken to wang mansion. you've suffered child. Forgive uncle, I couldn't protect you"

So he is also my uncle ? Uncle jiang ? The one who played with me ? I think I can recognize him.

"Zhan , I will give you time to get used to us. But don't force me to allow you to return to wang mansion. They are not human. Specially their youngest son and his mother."

"I...I won't go there."

" if you dare to go I will break your legs" Jiang cheng who is supposed to be my brother warned.

"Ah-cheng don't scare him." The lady said in a soothing voice.

"Ah-zhan come here. I'm Jiang yanli. You can call me jie too"
She patted on my head.
Nobody did this to me before.
And here we go, I couldn't control my tears again. I don't want to cry but I can't help it.
Jie took me in her arms and comforted me gently.
"Don't worry , you are in right hands. From now on if someone dares to even touch your hair I will break their legs too."

That night I saw the look on Wang yibo that I never saw before . Was he sad or angry ? Shouldn't he be happy to see me leaving? Or he wanted me to stay so that he could use me as a punching bag.

However, before leaving i gave him a chance.

" Do you regret it ?"

"I...I.. of course...I don't "

And he lost it.