1.

CHAPTER ONE—
T H A L I A's  pov

SUN SEEPED PAST the window and into the room.  Slowly my eyes cracked open to see the warm light that made the beige colored curtains look like they were glowing.

Once staring at the wall for a bit and regaining my consciousness from sleep I slowly sat up from the bed.

My hand reached up to rub my eyes. Though I had just slept they felt tired, sore, and I now realized the tears that I had missed to wipe off were now dried on my cheeks.

I glanced around the room to find the canvases, paints, and brushes scattered all along the hardwood floor.

After having not much comfort I had picked up painting. It was seemingly calming when I'm having a little fit of remembrance and doubt.

Doubt.. with myself, I suppose. And remembrance from home and dad. Though I don't think I'm much good it's still nice to do.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the phone that rang on the drawer next to the bed. I rubbed my eyes once more and cleared my throat before reaching over and picking up the phone.

"Lia?"

I sighed and a small smile cracked. "Dev?"

"Bitch! Finally" she squealed. "Finally you answer the damn phone, you left me last night!"

I scanned the messy floor. "Sorry.. I was just doing stuff"

"It's cool. I'm glad you answered girl, how are you?" She lightly laughed.

My lips pursed, "Uh, I'm good. How about you. And Kenny! Oh I'm glad he finally manned up to ask you"

"Oh I know right! Oh my god after you left we spent much time together and I realized that he's actually not bad. I don't know how I didn't realize it!" She exclaimed into the phone.

I let out a soft laugh and nodded. "Yeah.. well, how's Benny?"

"You should ask him yourself"

My head fell to the side with a sigh, "Yeah, I know. But it's kind of what I was scared for. Calls just aren't enough Dev, and talking to him only makes it worse knowing I can't see him"

"Not only that but.. it's been kind of busy here. With myself having to work for extra money, and well when I do call him. He doesn't answer much, I'm scared it's the same for him"

She too sighed. "Yeah.. I get. It must be tough. He misses you though. He's at the sandlot much more, he stays behind after we all leave and plays. For who knows how long so, that could be why"

"But girl, when are you coming back? It's been almost a year. We're dying here!" She added with a big huff.

My lips curled down into a frown. "Yeah, I know. I don't know Dev. Moms found a job already over here.."

It was silent for a moment before she sighed. "Yeah.. yeah, I know. It just sucks. We all really miss you. Kenny's missing teasing you when you pitch. He told me"

A small smile cracked at my lips. "Me too. I miss you guys a lot. Tell them I said hi alright?"

"You got it. Love you, call me later ok?"