11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN—
T H A L I A's pov

THE CEILING WAS as usual, blank. A white. And I attempted to lay, and stare at it in hopes of somehow distracting myself but obviously, it wasn't that easy.

It was Saturday. The Rodriguez's went up to San Francisco to meet with other family and spend the weekend with them. And it was like I was back in Arizona. Who knew I could be so unhappy without someone.

I had realized it. I wouldn't be happy without him. It scared me that my happiness relied one just one person. And without that person I was.. well, I felt like nothing?

Suddenly the bedroom door opened to reveal Devora who walked in, her hands on her hips. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing.. why?" I simply shrugged.

She sighed, her arms now crossing. "Ok. Good. Get up loser, we're going shopping!"

With that she clapped her hands and walked out of the room, leaving me to roll over into the pillow with a grumble.

I took slow steps, gazing down at the clean, shiny white tiled floor. Light music echoed in my ears as I trailed down the clothing aisle.

Though Devora really was the only one who was actually shopping and leading the way. She stopped over at a rack to which I followed and leaned against the edge of the pillar.

She searched through the clothes before slowly turning towards me. "Lia.. are you alright?"

I glanced at her and nodded. "Yeah?"

She slowly nodded and turned away. After a small silence she cleared her throat and spoke again. "You seem.. well seemed happier before"

"Well.. I'm happy with Benny?" I simply shrugged.

Now she turned over to look at me. "But what about when you're not with him?"

My lips pursed and I lowered my gaze to the floor. "I don't know?"

She sighed. "I don't think it's good.. to depend on someone for happiness. Do you?"

"No, I don't" I paused and with a sigh shook my head. "But what can I do? I can't do anything about it. It's just.. kind of how it is"

Her lips pursed and slowly she nodded. "Yeah.. but just be careful ok? I want you to be okay. Like actually ok. If there is anything.. wrong, tell me alright?"

I slowly nodded my head and placed a hand onto her shoulder. "Ok.. I am. I'm fine alright, don't worry"

With that, though she didn't seem to look convinced she nodded and slowly turned away. Leaving me to let out a soft sigh as I watched her continue to dig through the clothing.

I dipped the brown brush into the yellow colored glob of paint that sat on a wooden palette. I brought the brush up onto the white blank canvas and began dabbing light strokes onto it.

After a few moments I slipped from my concentration. I paused and stared at the canvas, with a low grumble I snatched it off from the floor and threw it off into a bin that was set by the closet.