20.

CHAPTER NINETEENTH—
T H A L I A's pov

"I just don't get it!"

I let out a low grumble, my fingertips lightly touching my temple. "I mean, he acted like.. like he was mad at me or something?"

Devora who walked along side me sighed. "Just as clueless as you girl, since when does he drink alcohol now?"

"And what was that anyways? With Ava" I questioned, crossing my arms.

She glanced at me, clearing her throat. "No idea.. it was pretty weird I'm not going to lie.

"You think he likes her?"

"Pfft- no. It was weird yeah, but I know damn well his ass is still hung over for you" she replied with a stifled laugh.

"Then why's he acting so.. mad at me?" I tilted my head curiously.

She paused for a moment. "No idea"

"God, it was just so gross. I mean, I nearly wanted to gauge my own eyes out!" I scoffed, throwing my hands up.

It went silent for a moment, leaving me to softly sigh. "You think he.. I don't know, slept with her or something?"

Now she whipped her head over to look at me, "What? Why would say that"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because they we're literally sleeping together?" I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"No. Oh hell no, no way. Maybe.. well he was drunk right? Maybe her little crazy ass just fell asleep on him" she replied with a shrug. "Who knows, but if I'm honest, I don't like her"

Sighing I brushed it off and averted my gaze towards the rowdy space where many students sat outside on the lunch tables.

We both met with Kenny and Bertram at a table, along with Scotty, Yeah-Yeah and Squints who now just got into high school.

But, I had instantly noticed once again the missing boy. My eyebrows pulled now, I asked "Again? Where is he?"

They seemingly knew who I was talking about and shared glances. Kenny sighed and pointed out, "He's sitting over there"

I followed his direction that led me right to a table across the school yard. There sat Benny, of course he was not alone. With him sat the familiar boys Adam and Miles, along with three other boys that I hadn't recognized.

"Yeah.. we tried to get him to come but, he doesn't want to" Scotty now spoke with a sigh.

Devora grumbled and snatched onto my arm. "Oh we'll make him come, let's go"

And before I could even attempt to open my mouth she dragged me across the yard and towards the table.

Before I knew it, we both were standing in front of them. The loud laughs that went on at the table now paused and they all stared at us.

Adam, had smirked. "Came back for more now?"

Devora rolled her eyes, waving the boy away. "No ones talking to you" she paused and pointed towards Benny. "We're here for him"