30.

CHAPTER THIRTY—
T H A L I A's pov

THE WEATHER SHIFTED from cold, grey clouds, and breezes too bright, warm suns as it set from winter into the spring season.

I've had about 4 monthly doctor appointments. Each consisting of many ultrasounds, Andrew and I can finally make out a baby, a little. And I was set for a due date, in August.

My thoughts were broken by a loud crack, and I now snapped back into reality to see I was in the sandlot. But not playing, no, no.

No, of course not. That'd be crazy right? The boys just insist, declare I sit out and not play in fear I'd get 'hurt'. Hurt from what? They're ridiculous.

With that thought in my mind, I stood from the dugout bench and huffed as I walked over towards the field where the group of boys were all playing.

Ham, was the first to notice I had moved and groaned. "And there she goes again!"

"Guys!" I shouted with a grumble. "Come on, this is like so boring!"

I was near reaching Benny who stood at the batters box until both Squints and Yeah-Yeah rushed over and blocked my way.

Each took ahold of my arms and led me back to the dugout. My head threw back with a groan, "Oh my god.. this is so not fair!"

"Yes, it is, you'll get hurt Lia!" Squints explained, his head shaking at me.

Once reaching the dugout they sat me down, and Yeah-Yeah added, "Yeah yeah, now sit and stay"

My arms crossed. "I am not a dog"

Squints stifled a laugh and patted my head. "Mhm, you sit. I declare it, you stay"

I shook my head. "No, no. You don't declare me nothing"

With that I stood up and was about to walk off until meeting with Bertram who stood in front of me.

He sighed, taking ahold of my shoulders. "Lia. Just listen to us! For the love of god, please!"

I stared at him for a moment before turning away and darting towards the field. They all let out loud gasps, and I'm sure they started chasing after me like wild animals.

"Hey- hey, stop the running!" Kenny's voice shouted after me.

"Yeah that thing is probably being thrown around, thinks they're on a rollercoaster in there!" Squints voice added.

My eyes fell on Scotty who was stood at a base, and once seeing me his eyes widened. I quickly ran off behind him, "Scotty! You've got to help me, please!"

He shook his head, gently taking ahold of my arm. "I'm sorry Lia but.. they're right. You have to be careful!"

Once seeing he began leading me towards the boys I gasped, "Scotty! How could you do this to me. You trader!"

I quickly squirmed away and took off again, making the group of boys that were near approaching us pause and once again, gasp.