Chapter 5

Walking across the parking lot with Jake over to Embry didn't feel as bad as the first day

Walking across the parking lot with Jake over to Embry didn't feel as bad as the first day. Hell everyone seemed to finally be focusing off of her except the cult who she could feel staring at her. She brushed it off although she began to wonder if they were trying initiate her or something. Or maybe sacrifice her based off Paul hating her for no reason. It frightened her that she seemed to crave to be near him despite his obvious disliking. She felt this weird tugging sensation that had started the minute she had woken up. At first she thought she was sick or something by how funny it felt.

But the moment Jake and her pulled into the school parking lot and her eyes had landed on Paul for that brief second she felt contempt. Miley forced herself to not look over at him and focus on Embry who talked about a possible trip to the beach. "Sadly boys I'll be off having girls day after school today with Bella." Miley smiled sadly but couldn't hide that she was happy to finally have one on one time with Bella. Jacob looked like he was about to ask to come but I shot him a playful glare. "Got it, girls day." He raised his hands in defeat making me smile just excited for the day to be over.

"WHAT IS UP GENTLEMEN AND GENTLE LADY!" Quil yelled from behind Miley making her laugh at him from over shoulder as the wind picked up, making hair fly around. "Miley's just leaving us after school is all." Jake teased making Miley shove him lightly. "But hey you guys get me all day, lucky you." She giggled and the boys chuckled as they walked towards the school. "But nothing about school is even fun." Quil whined as they walked to each other's lockers. A teacher passing by gave him a dirty look which he pretended to feel bad, when really he was snickering right after.

"Your a real flirt you know that Quil?" She asked as Embry and Jake snorted. "You mean do I know that I'm a real ladies man?" Quil laughed making Miley choke on air making the three boys laugh at her reaction alone. "You keep telling yourself that buddy." Embry said patting Quils back as they now walked to where Miley and Jakes locker were. Unconventionally it seemed the cult were leaning on their lockers right across from mine. Paul was tensely glancing around and Jared seemed to nod in my direction making me look away flustered thinking he had seen me.

"Miley which of us is more dateable?" Quil asked as him and Embry seemed to be bickering. I felt a smile come to my face but still was a blushing mess from the Jared thing and now their question. "What do you mean?" I couldn't help but asked looking at them wide eyed. "If you had to choose between me and Embry who would it be? And don't be worried about sparing his feelings he will get over it." Quil chuckled making Embry push him but both boys looked closely for an answer. "Um but we are friends?" I asked confused as Jake snorted besides me but poked his head into the conversation. "It would be Embry. Miley couldn't handle Quils blabbering for the rest of her life 24/7." Jake laughed as a low heaving seemed to fill the hallway.

"It was a rhetorical question. For studies...... we should ask other girls too." Quil tried to reason but Embry shook his head and began walking away. "Their idiots huh?" Jake asked with a smile as we followed behind them to get to English. "Yeah but their our idiots." I laughed as I seen Embry trip Quil for trying to ask some girl who she would prefer.  "They don't actually like me like that though right? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings." Miley mumbled so they wouldn't hear and Jake just waved his hand dismissing it. "Trust me you'll see what they do when they like a girl and it's...... fun to watch to say the least." He snorted which Miley noticed he seemed to do frequently and she was starting to pick up the habit.