Chapter 13

When the couple returned to school they were on a search for Paul

When the couple returned to school they were on a search for Paul. He emerged from his class looking bored but stopped looking at them funny. "Look who finally stopped skipping-" before Paul could finish Kim took everyone by surprise and pushed at him. Him being a wolf it didn't hurt or do much but made him look at her surprised. "Damn what's got you guys so pissy." He huffed a little hurt about the action but also annoyed. "We just got back from seeing Miley Paul." Kim snapped and he looked at her then Jared who also glared at him. "Not my problem." He spat and grabbed the next books he'd need but Kim grabbed them and shoved them in his locker. "It is your problem. It's always been your problem. Your hurting Paul..... we saw something while we were there." Kim mumbled the last part making him curious but he shook his head shaking a little bit his teeth wanting to come back in a snarl.

"I didn't ask for this. It was forced on me and so- it's not my problem." He seethed but before he could grab his books again Jared slammed his locker shut getting attention on them. "It's not forced on you. Finding your soulmate. Do you understand how lucky you are? Some wolves never find that...... some people never do. And you've hurt yours worse then before...... she's cutting herself. You caused that." Jared snapped quietly and lowly as people bustled past them weary of the cult arguing. Paul didn't say anything about that because he was too busy he was shaking terribly but so was Jared. Jared grabbed his friend and dragged him and himself outside, and into the woods surrounding the small school. The bursted into their wolves as soon as they were out of sight. Jared forcing the images he had seen onto Paul who whimpered and put his ears back before snapping his teeth at his best friend for showing him that.

But Jared kept projecting it and Sam who was on patrol was stunned by the images and immediately started yelling at Paul for his actions to cause this. Paul sat there and took it, his mind blank of any emotion making the other two stare at each other unsure of what he was thinking. He huffed and began walking to Emily's as the others watched him. He slowly shifted human getting shorts and walking inside making Emily confused that he was there so early. Before she could ask Sam and Jared came in glaring at their pack mate who looked blank faces. "Your gonna fix this." Sam voice was scarily calm as he stood tense and angry. "What's wrong?" Emily asked already knowing it had something to do with Miley. Paul didn't answer just looking down at his feet looking guilty but showing no remorse.... At least not to them. "Paul here has made his imprint sick, depressed and she's cutting herself." Jared snapped making Emily look to him as he just furrowed his eyebrows not looking at anyone.

"Sam go back on Patrol, Jared go back to school...... I'll talk to him." Emily smiled sadly Sam looking ready to argue about leaving her with an angry wolf but she told him her plan lowly away from the group. He nodded slowly and soon the two left leaving Paul with Emily alone. "Are you hungry? It's be time for your lunch." She said already grabbing things to cook before he even answered. He didn't say anything he just nodded keeping his gaze down at his feet. "So- how are you feeling?" Emily asked sitting down across from him as the food cooked on the stove top. He shrugged trying to hide his face from her but she walked over and kneeled down to see his face. Tears that he had been holding back stuck there as he squeezed his hands together anxiously.