Chapter 9

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING!!!!! SELF HARM MENTIONED ILL PUT THESE EMOJIS BEFORE IF YOU WANNA SKIP THAT PART!!⚠️

Miley laid in bed wondering whether her sister was actually going to confront Edward today like she claimed

Miley laid in bed wondering whether her sister was actually going to confront Edward today like she claimed. Bella wasn't exactly smart when it came to dealing with life or death situations. The only reason Miley agreed to let her go alone was because Edward seemed to like them. At least enough to save them from those guys in the ally. Getting up with a sigh Miley got ready and waited outside for Jake. She had her own car but they liked driving together so she didn't mind. Even Jake said he liked her company although sometimes he used it as an excuse to maybe catch Bella here and there and spark conversation. It wasn't hard to see his crush although Bella only had eyes for Edward, but Miley wasn't going to be the one to break it to him.

"Man you really are excited for this weekend huh?" Jake asked as Miley came bounding over ready for Saturday to begin already. "Getting to see my best friends outside of school? Of course I'm very excited." Miley smiled widely. "I heard you, Charlie and Bella are having dinner at the diner tonight? Charlie's been talking about it non stop to my dad since yesterday night." Jake laughed pulling into the parking lot. "How could he tell your dad already?" I asked in disbelief but with a small happy smile. "He called him last night..... and this morning." Jacob snorted putting the car in park and unbuckled but sat with me still. "He's missed you guys since you left. We all did." Jacob said sadly before putting a smile on his face as Quil and Embry pulled into their usual spots.

Walking across the parking lot like usual Miley was laughing and smiling with Jake when someone ran into her shoulder. Falling flat on her butt, she looked up wide eyed to see an unfamiliar face looking down at her. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Here let me help you up." The random guy said sticking a hand out. I took it awkwardly and he pulled me up a little too fast making me stumble and run into his chest. I scurried away from him in a hurry a blushing mess, when I felt Jake standing right beside me glaring the new comer down. "I'm really sorry about that. My names Kai, Kai Flint. Man new kid bad luck I guess." He chuckled awkwardly as I nodded slowly before he looked at me expecting something. "Oh um Miley- Miley Swan." I answered stiffly and nodding as Jake smiled realizing Kai seemed like a pretty okay guy.

"Sorry new kid we can't accept anymore strays we already got this one this week." Quill joked making me roll my eyes and smile small towards him. The new kid looked even more intrigued with this information smiling at me before looking to the guys for introductions. "You like video games?" Quill asked after talking to him for a moment. "I love them." Kai smiled broadly as Quil put an arm around him and led him away with Embry on how he'd fit right in. Jake looked perplexed but walked side by side with me as we followed them inside. "What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head. "It's probably nothing. He just gives me bad vibes is all." He stated shrugging. "He seemed pretty nice. Maybe nervous but that's understandable." Miley shrugged making him slowly sigh and agree. "I'm probably just being paranoid." Jake agreed and walked with me to my locker.