s i x t e e n

no one pov

after loosing the cars, jungkook continued down the long empty highway. taehyungs sniffles and panicked breaths increasing by the second.

finally, jungkook glanced over at the younger boy. jungkook sighed softly, turning his eyes back to the road.

"text your friends and tell them you're going on a vacation for a little while."

jungkook said, keeping his voice calm and his eyes on the road. he could hear taehyungs sniffles pause momentarily. he guessed taehyung was already looking at him.

"w-why?" taehyung asked. his voice shaky, letting out a cough from his tears being caught in his throat. 

jungkooks grasp tightened around the steering while. "just, do it ok?" jungkook said. taehyung could only nod, he was really scared right now. "o-ok.." he whispered. his shaky hands taking out his phone from his backpack.

jungkook continued to hear taehyungs shaky sniffles and cries as he tapped away on his phone. "w-what about my m-mom?" taehyung asked, his scared bambi eyes looking over to the ravenette.

jungkook shrugged. "you dont have to say anything." he simply stated. taehyung didnt say anything else. only nodding as he put his phone back in the front pocket of his back pack.

jungkook took in a long breath after a little while of more silence. his eyes scanned the road to find a place to pull over. 

when he found one, the male turned the wheel driving the car to the side of the empty highway. taehyung looked around confused as the car came to a stop.

-

"j-jungkook?" taehyung asked softly. jungkook let out a heavy sigh, resting his forehead down on the top of the steering wheel.

"i probably have some explaining to do, huh?" jungkook mumbled in the same position. taehyung sniffled with a nod. wiping his tears.

"y-yeah.. that would be nice. w-who were those people?" taehyung asked his voice still shaky, trying to calm himself down. but it was really hard to stop almost hyperventilating.

jungkook stayed silent for a little while. not sure how he should go about this. but soon he just spoke, not caring about the details.

"my boss."

jungkook replied. taehyungs eyes widened like saucers, staring at jungkook confused. the older spoke again, correcting himself. "well, not my boss... but people who work for my boss." jungkook corrected.

taehyung sniffled loudly, staring at the older. "y-you work for someone who just had people trying to shoot us?.. w-why?" taehyung asked quietly.

jungkook didnt answer the younger boy. his tongue tied in his mouth, unable to answer the sweet boy.

"t-then why did you come to s-school?... a-and why do you have a gun?" taehyung asked, even quieter, if that was even possible. glancing back at the huge matte black gun still laying out in the back seat.

jungkook pierced his lips together into a line. finally sitting up straight in his seat, though still keeping his eyes off of the younger. unable to look at the dirty blond boy.