1

Sage

I've always thought that moving away to college would be fun. Getting to set your own rules, making new friends, going to college parties. I've always wondered what a college party would look like. In high school I didn't really attend parties much.

I'm glad over at the clock sitting on my bedside table, the clock reads 7:42 AM in just a few short hours I'd be halfway across the world starting my new life. I'm standing in the middle of my wonderful room. I wonder if my mum will do anything to it once I'm gone. Maybe she'll finally turn it into an art studio she's always wanted.

"SAGE."I hear my mum yelling from down the hall.

" hurry up and come before you miss your flight." she said with a frustrated tone. My flight didn't depart for at least another hour and a half, but mum is a handful of nerves. Especially since dad died. Mums always been a hard worker she always try her best to make the most of things. We never had much growing up, but she did the best she could.

I grabbed my last bag and took one last glance at my room. The once pink walls have been painted over with a coat of white paint. The room was practically empty except for my bed, my dresser and my bookshelf still filled with books.

As soon as I made it down the hall my mum practically pushed me out the door to the car. She had already packed my bags in the trunk of the car while waiting for me. We live in a small two bedroom apartment in a small quiet town in London. That's all that mom could afford working full-time as a single mother. When dad died he left us some money he had put away in a savings account but it wasn't much.

As we made our way to the airport the drive was dead silent. The air was stiff with unsaid thoughts, but I could tell what my mum was thinking.

"Mum... I'm really going to miss you" and it was true, my mum's been my best friend for years and leaving her behind was hard.

"Oh honey" she spoke softly " i'm going to miss you as well, but you can't give up this opportunity going to college with A scholarship is wonderful. Your father would be proud"

"I knew he would be to" Dad died eight months ago, it was sudden. The doctor's say he died from a stroke. Mom took the news badly. The house has been very quiet since then and now with me being gone I wonder how my mum will  keep herself occupied.

Authors note: hey guys! I just wanted to put this out there that this is my first story that I am writing and this book is still in the making process so if the writing isn't quite good please don't judge me too hard haha But happy reading!🥰