4

Sage

My alarm rang and I almost fell right out of bed. I check my phone to the horrific sound off.

"I'm glad you don't snore" I hear Echo's voice. "My last roommate snored like a grizzly bear fighting with a hyhina" she said while braiding her hair in two French braids

"glad that I've been blessed in the no snoring department" I said while struggling to get out of bed.

It was 9:36am and my first class didn't start till 11:30. I was glad that when I was making my schedule, I didn't book any of my classes too early I really hate mornings. Echo had left for her 10:00am class so I was left alone in our room. I decided to grab my toiletry bag and go for a shower. The restrooms were down the hall from my room, so I grabbed my bag and keys. I made sure to not forget them because getting locked out on my first day was not somethings that I was interested in doing.

The bathrooms were somewhat clean. I remember how to get here because of last night when I had to use the restroom before bed. I had seen a few other girls in here and they didn't seem to notice I was new which I was hoping for because it was late, and I was exhausted from my flight. The washrooms were your standard communal washrooms. With rows of toilets and a door leading to the showers. I finished with my shower and got dressed. Waled back to my room where I finished getting ready for the day. I decided to keep it simple with a pair of jeans and a t shirs. I packed my schoolbag with my laptop a notebook and couple of pens and pencils. I put on my sneakers and head out the door.

My first class was in building A, and I checked the walking distance and it's only an 8-minute walk, so I has a little bit of walking to do but I didn't mind that. It gave me some time to brush off some of my nerves for Ms. Chesswell's English class. I walked down the long beige hallway to the stairs. Walking down five flights of stares was going to be a nightmare every day. I made my way through the common room and out he huge double doors. I followed my campus map that I had downloaded on my phone and managed to make it to my class. When I walked in the class there were six rows of desks individually placed noticed that there were already a few people. Some were in a small group huddled around some persons desk and others were sitting quietly alone. I decided to sit in the back row of the classroom to not draw too much attention to myself as I waited for class to start.

The bell rang as the signal that class has officially started. The people who were standing were now seated and the last wave of students walked into the classroom to take their seats. The teacher had closed the door after they were all in their seats. I noticed that Sophia was also in this class, and I was glad to see a familiar face.

"Good morning everyone I hope you are all doing well, in todays lesson we will be reading the Great Gatsby and-"

I heard the door swing open. The room fell silent and everyone turned their heads. I glanced over in the detection of where the noise came from to find he most attractive man I have ever seen. He was dressed in all black, he had to be at least 6'4 and had such a mysterious aura.

"Mr Kade nice of you to join us please take your seat" said an angry Ms. Chesswell.

He didn't even look in her direction but just started to walk to the back of the class. That's when I realized that the only empty seat in the class was to the right of me. He walked up to the empty desk and took his seat. I was a little bit intimidated by his sitting next to me because of how attractive he was.

The rest of class went by very slowly. When the bell rang everyone hurried up to leave the class but not before Ms. Chesswell had a chance to mentioned that our homework would be to research some of the important symbols in the novel. I quickly packed my bag and started to follow the crowd out he door. I had some time before my next class started so I decided to go outside and explore campus.

On my walk I found the campus garden. It wasn't exactly a garden but more like a field of grass with some trees, neatly trimmed bushes and flowers. It was early fall so the weather was perfect. Not too cold and not too hot. Just right. I continued to walk through the garden in hopes to find a quiet place away from everyone. I stopped near a huge oak tree that had bushes surrounding it and they weren't as well trimmed as the other bushes and shrubs closer to the buildings. I decided to sit with my back leading against the trunk of the tree and pulled out my book from my bag. I think I just found my quiet place.