6

Lex

We walked down the dark streets in silence for what felt like forever. I could really use another smoke right now but I don't think that would be a wise choice considering her freak-out from before. I still don't understand why she flipped on me for smoking. She doesn't even know who I am. Why would she care so much?

"I'm sorry for getting upset with you before, I didn't mean to overreact" She spoke softly breaking the awkward silence between us. Almost as of she knew what I was thinking about.

"so does that mean I can pull out a smoke now?" I asked just to be safe.

"yeah you can have a smoke" she said smiling and shaking her head.

"thank god" and with that said I pulled out a cigarette, put it to my lips and lit it.

"so whats your name?"

"whats your name" she quickly answered back.

"I asked you first"

"yes well you are a complete stranger walking me home at nearly three in the morning." she said raising her brows and glancing over at me.

"Im Lex."

"im Sage."

"like the plant?"

"well technically Sage is an herb." She said crooking her face.

"same thing"

When we were getting close to the dorms so I put out my cigarette. We reached the front doors and I let her walk in first. She started to walk towards the stairs, but I was not about to walk six flights of stairs at almost three in the morning. I made her take the elevator with me, and luckily it was working today. She told me she lived on the fifth floor, so I pushed button five and then six. None of us spoke a word to each other on the ride up. When the elevator doors opened, she thanked me for walking with her and I just gave her a smile and noted my head. The doors closed and then opened again when I was on my floor. I walked down the hall to my room.

When I closed my dorm door behind me I eminently kicked off my shoes and layed on my bed. I was replaying all of the time I saw her today. I first saw her in English class. She was sitting in my usual seat, but I didn't say anything to her because I could tell she was a shy girl.

The second time I saw her was when she sat at the bottom of my oat tree. Well its not technically my oat tree but I just claimed it as mine because no one ever goes to it because of how far away from the buildings it is. I was sitting up in the tree when I saw her walking and ahe just caught my eye, but when she sat at the bottom of the tree I didn't know if I should of said something but if I did itds probably freak her out so I stayed silent while she read, Just watching her. Not in a creepy stalker way but just to observe her.

The third time I saw her was at the party tonight, I was in the kitchen when I saw her talking to Collin. The way he looked her up and down like a meal made my blood boil. I wanted to snap his fucking neck. I had my hands clenched into a fist. I knew right away when he walked up to her what is intentions were with her. At that point I had to get up and leave, I walked out to the front porch and had a smoke. I was alone for a bit until she came out. I wasn't going to say anything to her at first but then I saw her on the porch and how cold she looked. I don't even know why I talked to her. Its never gonna happen I don't even know her, and I don't want to know her.