2

Sage

We made it to the airport. I say goodbye to my mum one last time before heading to the gate. I've never flown alone before, and I was honestly anxious, but I made my way. I boarded the plane and took my seat. Luckily, I didn't see any younger children board so hopefully the ride would be quiet. I pulled out my book that was in my knapsack and started reading. I love to read; it has a calming effect on me I always felt that reading was an escape from reality.

The plane finally landed in Colorado. The ride was quiet just as I had suspected, and I managed to read my whole book. I'm now 7,482 kilometers away from home. Thats 7,478 kilometers farther than I have ever been before. I walk to the baggage area to collect my luggage and then call a taxi to come collect me from the airport.

I got into my taxi and told the driver my school's address. Apparently, it wasn't that far from the airport so the ride didn't cost me too much. When I got to campus, there were people everywhere and the buildings seemed a lot bigger in person than they did in the pictures and I was getting a little overwhelmed.

"Hi are you new" a soft bubbly voice said to me. I turned to see a tall slender woman with black hair staring at me. "Hi yeah I just got here" I said. "Well, it's nice to meet you I'm Sophia, do you need any help finding something" she seemed really sweet and genuine so I accepted her offer. "Yes, actually I was wondering if you could direct me to building E dorms"

"of course, my room is also in that building I was headed there just now I'll take you with me" and with that said she started walking right away. I could already tell that this girl was full of energy but it'd be nice to know at least one person in school. I pick up my bags and follow her. she leads me into the entrance of the building and I have to say that the building was so gorgeous. The entrance had beautiful French doors that had to be at least 12 feet tall. That lead into an open concept floor plan where there were a bunch of people who I was assuming were students here.

"so, this is the common area for everyone in this building, people usually come here to hang out with their friends. don't feel shy to come and join a random group everyone here is really friendly" she said. I wasn't so sure about that last part but I hoped it would be true because I didn't need any enemies. She continued walking towards the stairs. "Is there an elevator in this building by any chance" I asked. "there is but it's always breaking down so you're better off just taking the stairs. I don't really mind it because by the end of the semester I'll have super toned legs" she said smiling but I noticed her legs were already very toned she must be an athlete.

She led me up the stairs, five flights of stairs. My legs were killing me but thank God Sohpia offered to carry some of my bags before because I don't think I would have made it carrying all my bags. We made it down the hall to my room, It was room number 586. Sophia also told me that each floor was divided by gender. And when the best time to use the restroom is. Since there are no bathrooms in the dorm rooms there are communal bathrooms on each floor.

"We have arrived to your destination" she said as if she was a train conductor. "Thank you for helping me out, I would have been lost without you"

"You don't even have to thank me, I remember how lost I was on my first day. but hey if you ever need help finding anything or even just need a friend to talk to, I'm here just down the hall in room 512" she said with sweet eyes and a smile and with that she walked down the hall to her room.