3

Sage

I walked in my dorm room and set my bags down to find half of the room full of bright, colored items. The bed spread, the carpet, the lamp and even the art on the wall. Each item with a different vibrant color. The room was small but spacious. There were two single beds on opposite sides of the room, a bed side table next to each of the beds with a lamp on each of them and a three-seat sofa right under a window Stright across from the door. There were also two dressers next to each of the beds. With two desks on the same wall that the door was on. Whoever lives here isn't here at the moment, so I thought I'd take this time to unpack a few of my things.

A few hours had passed, and my roommate still hasn't showed up yet, I had the chance to unpack my clothes and put them away in the empty dresser. I had also put some of my items on the bed side table along with setting up my desk. I wanted my side of the room to feel like I was at home still. I heard the door handle turn and looked up.

"Oh, hey you must be Sage; I was wonder when you'd be here" a ginger girl with pink tips said. She set her tote bag down and started take her shoes off.

"Yeah, I got here a few hours ago and I started to unpack my things if that was okay"

"OMG, your accent is so beautiful. are you from England" she said as she sat on her bed with wide eyes.

"Yes, I am this is my first time in America actually"

"Ahh no way, I have to show you around and give you the real American experience" she said eagerly.

"wow, I'd love that thank you"

"No need to thank me I already know were going to be best friends" she said sounding happy.

Echo was a really nice person and there was no awkward tension between us at all. I was thankful for that; I've seen in movies that it's always good to try to be best friends with your roommate. I had already meet two people so far and they both seemed super friendly. I was glad that I could make friends easily.