nine

a/n: double update today :p

**

"I wish we could stay," Jazmyne frowns as she pulls away from her hug with Gabi. "Damn seeing you guys makes me angry that we moved."

Benjamin smiles and leans in to hug her. "Just promise to visit, alright?"

"Of course. I want all of you guys to attend the wedding so, of course."

Noah pulls away from his hug with Elly. "Be great, compa."

Elly smiles, giving him a fist bump. "You too. Stay positive, okay?"

Noah nods his head. "I'll try to."

*
Tatiyana and Lucas had decided to stay for a few weeks to catch up with Lucas' mom. They also wanted Kehlani to spend some more time with Imani.

Benjamin knocks on Noah's front door, four bags of groceries in his hands.

Noah looks up at the door before turning off his TV. He yawns and stretches, getting off the couch. He trips over some junk on the ground before answering the door.

"Benjamin?"

Benjamin walks in and sets the groceries down on the counter. "Hi. I've had a bad day."

Noah furrows his brows and closes the front door, walking into his kitchen. He grabs one of the bags, tilting it towards himself. "Okay? What's this?"

Benjamin opens Noah's fridge, "Food. Groceries. Your fridge is empty."

He starts unpacking the groceries into the fridge. Noah shakes his head and grabs Benjamin's arm. "You okay? What's got you so riled up?"

Benjamin pulls his arm away and grabs a pack of strawberries from the bag to put in the fridge. "Markus won't leave me alone. He keeps texting and calling me."

"Okay? Block him."

"I-... I want to but-."

"You still like him?"

Benjamin shakes his head. "No...No, I don't I'm just afraid of what would happen if I did block him."

Noah crosses his arms. "What's that mean? Why're you afraid of him?"

Benjamin blushes and shakes his head again. "What? I-I'm not I just...Ugh, whatever. And...Stupid Katen wants to have dinner and finish our talk. And his stupid-perfect-good-looking boyfriend followed me on Instagram."

Noah takes a seat, chuckling. "He's not that good-looking."

Benjamin rolls his eyes. "Yes, he is. That's so stupid. I hate him and his stupid little perfect life."

"Benjamín, that's not fair. I mean...Just, you can't be mad that he's out of the closet."

"Yes I can," Benjamin turns around to face Noah, "He made me hate myself. He cut me with a kitchen knife! I hate him...I seriously fucking hate him."

Noah stands up from where he was sitting, grabbing both of Benjamin's hands, which were shaky and sweaty. "Are you okay?"

Benjamin looks up and shakes his head. "I-...", He looks at Noah's bare chest, seeing he still wore the necklace he bought him when they were still together.

He reaches out and grabs it, letting a few tears fall before pulling away. He wipes his eyes and shakes his head. "I'm fine...Can I use your bathroom?"

Noah nods his head. "Sure."

**
Benjamin walks back into his and Gabi's place, seeing her sitting at the island with a computer in front of her while she was also on the phone.

He shuts the door, setting his keys on the key rack.

"Well have him call me, David. Thank you." Gabi hangs up the phone and throws it down before leaning forward to look at her screen.

"Jesus fucking christ." She whispers.

Benjamin walks into the kitchen, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "You okay?"

Gabi looks up and nods. "Oh yeah. Just people being annoying."

Benjamin nods and leans back against the fridge, taking another sip from his water.

Gabi furrows her brows, grabbing her computer screen to close it halfway. "Are you okay? You look...Horrible."

Benjamin shakes his head and walks over to sit next to Gabi. "You have such a way with words, Gabs."

"I'm sorry! But seriously, what's going on? You seem really clouded lately."

Benjamin rubs his eyes with the back in his hand before shrugging. "I lied about Markus. He didn't kick me out. I left."

"What?"

"Yeah. In the middle of the night. I gave him some sleep pills and I packed my shit and left."

"Why? What happened?"

"He was...He was beating me. And I didn't know how else to get out. But I-I don't know. I feel like I'm not...Like I don't have closure."

"What kind of closure are you looking for?"

"I don't know...I can't bring myself to block him or to...Stop answering his calls."

Gabi frowns and completely closes her laptop. "Benjamin, I'm so sorry. I had no idea."

Benjamin shakes his head and shrugs. "I didn't want anyone to know. My parents think we're still dating."

"When are you gonna tell them?"

"I don't know...I don't." He takes another sip of water.

Gabi reaches out and grabs his hand. "What else is going on? I can see it on your face, babe."

Benjamin almost tells her about the burning. Almost. He shakes his head to get rid of that thought. "I...Being back here and seeing Noah all the time...I don't think I have closure with him either."

**