Rise 26

Rise 26
King Lexus

You have a good life, but it's still sad. Something is missing and you want it so bad. Broken inside, you started to wander around. And then you saw a girl with the man you used to have.”
-Devil’sSanctuary by J. Flint

After the bloody catastrophe that befall the land of Xyrus, life slowly returned to normal in the entire continent.

However, newspapers and radio news sang praises to the heroic deed of Princess Leona Alanis la Solstice von Alhalt Romulus, the rumoured good-for-nothing princess of the Kingdom of Solas who singlehandedly slayed the dragon that devastated Xyrus.

Anywhere you’ll go, you will hear news or see newspapers with headlines like:

[THE RUMOURED TRASH OF THE PALACE IS ACTUALLY THE STRONGEST IN ALL OF SOLAS! THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT PRINCESS LEONA! See page 3 for more details.]

They even wrote the headline in bold, capital letters para intense.

People from all walks of life animatedly discussed this dramatic turn of events. Be it commoners or noble births, Princess Leona became their most-loved topic of conversation.

Everyone sang praises  about her beauty and strength, as if they completely forgotten all of the hate speeches they used to say about her.

“I heard that the reason why everyone thought she’s weak and useless is because she’s born with powers that cannot be comprehended by normal people.”

“I heard a rumour that claim that Princess Leona summoned her first spirit when she was a mere infant!”

“Nonsense! What kind of a monster is she if that’s true?”

“But how else are you going to explain her current level? She probably started cultivating her powers when she was a baby!”

“That’s not possible. Come on, she’s just naturally talented and powerful!”

“I heard she’s loved by the gods. That’s why she’s so blessed.”

“Well, during the Sun Dance last year, rainbows appeared in the sky. A symbol of acknowledgment from the gods.”

“You’re all wrong. I heard that Princess Leona is a goddess incarnation.”

“Well I heard that a god fell in love with her, that’s the secret to her power.”

“Pfftt. Saan mo naman narinig yan?”

“It’s just a rumour I heard from a pub last night.”

“Kalokohan lang yan.”

“Anyway, Princess Leona is still young. Do you think she will someday ascend as a goddess?”

“If it’s so easy, there will be as many gods as sands in the sea.”

“But it’ll be awesome if she’ll someday become a goddess. We get to witness something so historical!”

“By the way, there’s this weird rumour recently.”

“What weird rumour?”

“Everyone is busy singing praises towards Princess Leona, but for some reason there’s this rumour that says that the Princess is cheating on her fiancé with a man of unknown origin.”

“Woah, that’s new. I haven’t heard about that one, tell me more.”

“Well, apparently, Princess Leona who is officially engaged to Sir Alexander Angelus, was seen with another man!”