Rise 43

Rise 43
Castiel

“If you’re prettier than someone, that doesn’t mean you are better than that person. If you are wealthier than someone, that doesn’t mean you are more important than that person. If you are lost in a scorching desert, a lake of gold is less in value than a cool fresh spring. So stop measuring the worth of someone with what he have and how much he can give. Everyone is equal in the face of life and the face of death.”
-Heaven’sEqual a novel by J. Thompson

“Isn’t today your Coronation Day?” Leona asked with a smile as she calmly sips some tea beneath the sakura trees.

“Yes.” Kuro responded calmly as he sat opposite her.

“You’re only twelve this year, I can’t believe your uncle will step down so readily. He always looks so guilty whenever I speak with him. I guess he really do have a guilty conscience.” Leona said in amusement as she recall the scared and frightened emperor, Aku.

Nang makita ang ekspresyon sa muka ni Leona, agad kumunot ang noo ni Kuro. “Stop thinking about other men when I’m here, Teacher.” He complained

“You’re too young to be using such cliché lines, little Aries.” Leona

“I’m already twelve! And I’m already a Dragon Realm Spiritist! I’m not that young Teacher!” Kuro complained

Leona is still amazed despite knowing that Arius is talented, to reached Dragon Realm at such a young age, isn’t he too overpowered?

“I know that I’m your teacher, but I’m still amazed by your achievements.” Leona

Naalala nya ang munting bata na nakilala nya noong una syang dumating dito. Mahina at walang tiwala sa sarili.

That child is gone now.

The child grew up with confidence and pride.

He is now the youngest emperor of the Empire of Kosen.

“It’s all thanks to you, Teacher.” Kuro

Leona smiled and shook her head, “You’re naturally talented. Plus you have the blood of the gods flowing within your veins.”

Natahimik si Kuro.

He never got to meet his parents.

His mother died during childbirth.

So he grew up alone in the palace.

However, his father is still alive.

“The current God of Darkness is your father.” Leona uttered.. No matter how much she said it, she still can’t believe it.

Many years ago, Aku talked about this secret. Aku thought that Leona was sent by Kuro’s father. Leona never cleared this misunderstanding, but thanks to that she learnt such a secret!

The God of Darkness, Nathair. He’s not human. Like Solstice who’s a lion humanoid, Nathair is a snake humanoid. He is a snake spirit from Knox, who grew powerful enough and became a god.

Nathair took a fancy to the young Kosen Empress upon his visit on the Mortal Plane. And Kuro is his child.

As the child of one of the strong gods, it’s no wonder that the Demon Lord have his eyes on Kuro.

Fortunately, the Demon Lord is not curious enough to hurt a human child.

Besides, the Immortal Plane have their rules too. So the Demon Lord won’t recklessly do something or else it might escalate to something bigger.

If only the Demon Lord knew that Kuro is going to be the next Supreme God, he might do his best to kill him now.

Aside from that, Leona has been in this timeline for seven years now, the Immortal Plane must have heard of her existence by now.

But since she’s merely a Semideus Spiritist, they won’t pay too much attention to her.

“Since you have free time now, shall we go train your spiritual powers some more?” Leona proposes.

***

Many rumours rose over the years.

One of the duties of the emperor is to find an empress to give birth to the next heir.

But despite being the emperor for ten years, the Emperor never entertains any potential Empress!

“I heard the emperor is into men.”

“Are you stupid? That’s obviously not true!”

“As someone chosen by a Kami, do you think anyone could just become his empress?”

“Our empire is now the strongest in the whole continent thanks to him.”

“He’s too outstanding, is there anyone who could stand beside him?”

“That’s true, no one is worthy of our Emperor!”

“Does that mean the emperor will remain single forever?”

“Heh, haven’t you heard, the emperor already set his eyes on someone.”

“Really? Someone actually caught his eyes?”

“Who’s the lucky girl?”

“Who else would be worthy of our Emperor? Of course it’s the Kami!”

“No one knows her name, but those who have seen her before said that her beauty is out of this world!”

“The rumours in the palace said that the two of them are secret lovers!”

“Really? Is that true?”

“Of course! Why would the emperor look at other women when he already have a goddess beside him!”

These kinds of rumours reached every corners of the empire through words of mouth. Different versions rose depending on the storyteller, some exaggerates, some doesn’t. But one thing is certain, the emperor is in a romantic relationship with the Kami. And everyone in the empire believes it!

Samantala, ang bida sa mga tsismis na ito ay makikitang kalmadong umiinom ng tsaa sa lilim ng isang mayabong na puno.

Isang malakas na pagsabog ang biglang naganap na naging sanhi ng pagyanig ng lugar. Nagdulot din ito ng bugso ng malakas na hangin at isinayaw nito ang ginintuang buhok ng dalaga.

Sa kabila ng komusyong ito, nanatiling kalmadong umiinom ng tsaa ang dalaga kung nasaan sya nakaupo. Tila hindi sya naapektuhan ng mga nangyari.

Di kalayuan ay isang sigaw ang maririnig. Kasunod nito ang malinaw na tunog ng pagkapunit ng laman ng isang nilalang, puno ito ng dugo at kasabay ng pagbagsak nito sa lupa, ay ang kanyang kamatayan. Sa harap ng nilalang ay mayroong isang matipunong binata na nababalot sa dugo nito, malinaw na sya ang pumaslang sa nilalang.

“Teacher, is this really necessary?” tanong ng binata

“That monster was probably sent by your father. He is preparing and training you to be his heir.” Tugon ni Leona..

“Training? By sending a monster? This is like the seventh time this year! If we haven’t killed it, it could have wiped out towns and killed hundreds of innocents!” Kuro

The two of them intercepted the enemy before it could even reach the empire. Nandito sila ngayon sa isang kagubatan malayo sa emperyo.

“I also hate this tradition. Once you become the Supreme God, please do something about this.” Reklamo din ni Leona.. Sariwa pa sa kanyang ala-ala ang nangyari sa Xyrus noon kung saan muntik nang mamatay ang kanyang ama dahil sa pag-atake ng isang dragon.

“I still don’t get it Teacher. Why are you so sure that I will become the Supreme God. Why can’t it be you? You’re way more powerful than me.” Tanong ni Kuro

Hindi tumugon si Leona. Hanggang ngayon, hindi nya alam kung paano ipaliliwanag kay Kuro na hindi sya nabibilang sa panahong ito. Na nagmula sya sa hinaharap at darating ang araw na kakailanganin nyang umalis.

Habang abala syang nag-iisip ng paliwanag, isang pamilyar na presensya ang naramdaman ni Leona.

“Aries, go back to the palace for now. I’ll clean up this place first.” Leona

“I’ll help you.” Kuro

Pinagmasdan ni Leona ang matangkad na binata. He look exactly like how she remembers him.

Kuro is twenty two now. He’s no longer the kid she met many years ago. Maybe it’s time she stops being too overprotective of him.

“Okay, you can stay. But promise that you won’t interfere.” Leona

“Interfere with what?” Kuro

“With what’s going to happen.” Leona

Hindi maunawaan ni Kuro ang ibig sabihin ng sagot nya.

“Stay back and don’t interfere.” Huling saad ni Leona

Ang sunod na lamang namalayan ni Kuro ay ang sunod-sunod na pagsabog na naganap.

Isang estranghero ang nakita ni Kuro na nakikipagpalitan ng atake kay Leona.

Kulay puti na tila nyebe ang buhok ng estranghero. Matangkad ito at matipuno. Mayroong itim na espada sa kamay nito.

Halos hindi masundan ni Kuro ang nangyayaring laban.

Bilang isang Celestial Realm Spiritist, pakiramdam ni Kuro sya na ang pinakamalakas sa buong mundo.

Isang level na lamang at magiging isa na syang Lower God sa oras na maabot nya ang Semideus Realm. Pakiramdam nya malapit nya nang maabot ang level ng kanyang guro, si Leona.

Subalit nabasag ang kanyang mga pantasya matapos masaksihan ang nagaganap na laban sa kanyang harapan.

Sino ang estranghero?

“So are you done babysitting him?” tanong ng lalaki kay Leona

“No, I still won’t let you touch him.” Malamig na tugon ni Leona sa lalaki

Sa nakalipas na mga taon, ilang beses nang pinagtangkaan ng masama ng lalaki ang buhay ni Kuro.

Kung hindi dahil kay Leona, marahil ay nagtagumpay na ito sa kanyang mga plano noon pa.

“I’ve been curious for a long time now. Just who are you? And why do you keep protecting that kid?” tanong ng lalaki sabay saksak ng hawak nyang espada kay Leona.

With practiced movement, Leona dodged the blade of the sword.

“None of your business.” Simpleng tugon ni Leona sabay sipa sa lalaki, tumilapon ito papalayo mula kay Leona.

“Seeing his growth and potential, the Immortal Plane is in turmoil. The demons wants him dead, but the gods wants to protect him.” Saad ng lalaki

Both sides are on a stand-still. Kuro’s existence can cause a divine war on the Mortal Plane. Both sides are afraid to make a move right now.

“You’re a demon, how come you can move in the Mortal Plane without alerting the gods?” tanong ni Leona.. Ito ang katanungan na bumabagabag sa kanya matagal na.  Hindi ito ang unang beses na nakaharap  at nakatunggali nya ang lalaki. Dahil dito, hindi nya maiwan si Arius sapagkat alam nyang nasa panganib ito.

“I’m special.” Tugon ng lalaki.. Hindi ito nakangiti. Sa katunayan, wala itong ekspresyon.

Gustong itanong ni Leona kung ano ang ibig sabihin nito, subalit naramdaman nya ang pag-agos ng mainit na likido mula sa kanyang likod.

Napaubo sya ng dugo.

Paano?

Did he manipulated the space around them and stab her in the back while standing in the distance?

And why is she feeling weak? As if her powers is slowly draining from her body?

She fought with this stranger a couple of times before. But this is the first time that she got stabbed by that black sword.

Bago pa man sya makapag-isip, nakita ni Leona ang mabilis na pagkilos ni Kuro.

Mula sa mga anino, bigla itong lumitaw sa likuran ng estranghero at buong lakas na pinalipad ang kanyang kamao. Malinaw na intensyon nyang wakasan ng buhay ang estranghero, pero alam ni Leona na hindi ito magtatagumpay.

Sa paghakbang ni Leona, biglang bumagal ang pag-ikot ng mundo.

Nakikita nya ang lahat ng bagay in slow motion.

Ang kamao ni Kuro na puntirya ang estranghero.

Ang espada ng estranghero na puntirya naman si Kuro.

Everything is in slow-motion except for Leona.

But even if that’s the case, she’s still not fast enough.

She can freely stop the flow of time, but for some reason, she can’t.

Leona pushed her limits and everything came to a stop.

All things came to a still.

Time stood still.

Except for Leona.

She moved and dragged Kuro away from the stranger.

Then time moved once again.

Tumama sa lupa ang mabigat na kamao ni Kuro na naging sanhi ng pagyanig ng lugar.

Tumama naman sa hangin ang espada ng lalaki.

“Impressive. I was sure I stabbed you with my Heaven-Suppressing Sword. How can you still use your powers?” tanong ng lalaki kay Leona

Heaven-Suppressing Sword?

That shit sounds like something that comes from a Chinese drama.

“You have a terrible sense of naming.” Tanging tugon ni Leona sa lalaki.. Naglanding ang kanyang mga mata kay Kuro. Nagtagpo ang mga mata nilang dalawa, “Are you hurt?” sabay nilang tanong sa isat-isa.

“You’re bleeding.” Bakas ang takot at kaba sa mga mata ni Kuro. Ito ang unang pagkakataon na nakita nyang nasaktan ng ganito si Leona.

In his eyes, Leona is the strongest being in the universe.

But now, he realized that he’s wrong.

A thought that never occurred to him before, suddenly emerged in his head.

Protect.

He must grow stronger to protect her.

Seeing his worried eyes, Leona smiled to soothe his worries, “I’m fine.”

“Of course you’re not fine.” Sabat ng estranghero

Muling nabaling ang atensyon ni Leona dito.

“You keep getting in the way, it’s annoying. So I temporarily sealed away your powers and now you can’t heal your self at the moment.” Saad ng lalaki, walang ekspresyon ang kanyang muka. Walang buhay ang kanyang mga mata. He’s like a beautiful doll. A lifeless doll.

“Just who are you?” curious na tanong ni Leona.. He’s been fighting him for a long time. But not once did he ever mentioned who he really was.

“Castiel. That’s my name.” Saad ng estranghero

“Castiel?” Leona uttered the familiar name.

“We will meet again, Kami and young emperor of Kosen.” Saad ng lalaki bago maglaho na tila aparisyon.

He said his name is Castiel?

Parang narinig nya na ang pangalang yun noon?

“You’re hurt. What are we going to do?” Muli nyang narinig ang tinig ni Kuro. Puno ito ng takot at kaba.

“Calm down, I won’t die just because of this.” Leona

She can destroy kingdoms and beat up some other gods.

She’s pretty confident about her powers.

But that white-haired stranger is way too powerful. Both of them are Immortal Realm Spiritists. They can destroy this continent with ease. They both held back, but their battle still left this forest in a sorry state. That Castiel have the aura of a demon. But something about him feels off. He reminds her so much of Andromeda. He’s on that level. He’s that dangerous.

“For now let’s go back to the palace and let a doctor treat my wounds.” Suggest ni Leona

She can still use her other powers, but her own element was sealed away.

Days turn to months and months turn to years.

She fought with Castiel  a couple more times, and thanks to that she kept growing stronger.

But not just her, Kuro’s growth surprised even Leona.

On a very normal day, when the people of Kosen were busy with their everyday lives, a sudden burst of divinity shook the entire empire.

On this day, Kuro ascended as a god.

And on this day, Leona left him and returned to her own time.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello lovely people! Sorry for the late update. I usually upload new chapters on fridays, but since I'm busy on weekdays now, expect the updates on weekends haha. Anyways, hindi ako sure if may updates every week since busy ako these days. But please stay tuned. I luv you all~