Rise 9

Rise 9
Winter Frost

"You like her and I like you. I'll do anything for you. But if my happiness will hurt you, Then I'll rather be lonely for you."

- WhisperoftheNight, by S.Harper

Vast blue skies.

Scorching desert sands.

A gigantic bird freely soaring in the sky.

Situated in an oasis was Horus. Giving this vast land the touch of human civilization.

It's been three years since Cornelius Argos went home from attending Xyrus Academia. He stayed in the academy even during vacation to further his studies.

He silently took note of all the changes in his homeland.

"Oh! Cornelius! Welcome back!" an old shop keeper greeted the young man

He smiled back, "Thanks old man, Im finally home."

He confidently walk on the familiar streets.

Why not? Reaching the 8th Level of Star Realm at the age 17 is like defying heavens.

He noticed a huge establishment where a lot of people come and go. Dawn's. That's the name of the shop that sells clothing. Cornelius heard from some of his female classmates from Xyrus that Dawn's is a popular clothing brand that took over the market like a storm two years ago.

He walk further and noticed a long queue of customers in another shop near the town hall.. An icecream parlor? What is an icecream parlor? Even the design of the shop is bizarre. The walls were made from glass and he can clearly see a lot of people eating some colorful food. Ice cream?

Beside the icecream parlor is another crowded shop.. Milktea? Why is it crowded? Isnt it just tea with milk?

He keeps walking forward and noticed a lot of unfamiliar shops.

Cornelius stopped when he passed by the old building of the Horus Trade Council. His brother is probably busy to even welcome home his little brother. Tsk.

He was about to take a step forward when a heavy aura made him halt. His heart beat accelerated and his instinct is screaming danger.

Except for the Lord of Horus who is currently at Level five of the Mortal Realm, no one should be able to make him this terrified.

"Oh? Isn't it Cornelius Argos? The wild breeze of the west?" a pleasant voice rang beside him

He gulp and decided to take a look at the terrifying monster with this frightening aura.

Ginintuang buhok na tila hinabi mula sa ginto.

Asul na mga mata na tila nilikha mula sa crystal.

Isang anghel na bumaba mula sa kalangitan.

This familiar face.

"P-princess Leona.." usal ng binata

Sinuklian sya ng isang ngiti ng dalaga. "I heard from your brother that you will be coming back from school today. We were meant to discuss business, but he was so excited that he only talks about you nonstop."

"........." Cornelius

"Why dont you greet him first. I'll take my leave." Nakangiting paalam ng prinsesa

Hindi maalis ni Cornelius ang mga mata nya sa dalaga hanggang sa maglaho na si Leona. The princess is no longer the little girl from back then. Her alluring figure wearing the native outfit in Horus can make any man crazy. Nasampal ni Cornelius ang pisngi nya.. "Panaginip ba yun? The princess smiled at me? S-she talked to me?"