chapter 5

Mia's P.O.V.

i wake up hours later in Shawn's arms. i cuddle him as my tears still flow. his dad scares me so much and his mum would kill me if she had the chance. i feel Shawn shift and i look up and see he's still asleep. i slide up a bit and smile as his arms stay around my waist. i look at his soft plump lips. somehow they always look perfect to me anymore. I love how his hair rests perfectly on the pillow. As if he's an angel. I gently kiss his lips fast praying he doesn't wake up. He shifts a bit in his sleep and smiles in his sleep and I can't help but smile more. I hear a car pull up and I nudge him fast knowing it's his parents. His eyes dart open and he looks at me.

“What's wrong?” he asks sounding worried

“your p-p-parents” I say struggling to even say that they are here.

He gently picks me up and sits my in his closet. I look at him as tears fall.

“stay in here” he says kneeling in front of me and kissing me

I kiss him back softly. He rests his forehead against mine and I take a deep breath.

“I promise. I won't let them hurt you” he says just above a whisper. “I'll be right back”

he walks out of the room and my tears flow fast as I shut the closet door gently. I tremble. What if they find me? What will his dad do to me this time?

Shawn's P.O.V.

I run downstairs and smile at my mum and dad.

“Mum! Dad!” I say running over and hugging them. “What a surprise to see you!"

“Well we're here for work and figured we'd stop by and visit our only child” my mum says hugging me.

“So how's your 18th birthday gift Shawn?” My dad asks referring to Mia.

“S-She's great. Right now I told a friend he could borrow her for some strippers gig or whatever” I Lie “She'll be back in a few days I think”

My dad nods and so does my mum. I take them to the guest room I keep for them and they start unpacking. I run to my room and gently open the closet door and I bend down and hold her as she cries.

“Shh my love” I say softly hoping to god I can calm her

It breaks my heart seeing Mia so scared. I kiss her forehead gently and she looks at my with red puffy eyes. I rub her knuckles gently and she sniffles.

“I promise Mia I'm right here” I say softly “I'm not leaving you”

She looks at my and trembles.

“Don't let them hurt me.. p-please” she begs in just above a whisper.

I kiss her filled with passion and for the first time ever complete love as well. We gently pull apart and I go with what my heart wants.

“I'll always protect you love” I say to her “I promise”

She looks at me with her bright, hopeful eyes and I pray to myself that I can keep it. I kiss her forehead and I cover her up with my coat I keep in the closet and walk to my bed coming back with a pillow. She lays her head on it and I kiss her.

“I'll bring you food tonight.” I say playing with her hair “right now I need to go face them. If you want to come downstairs you can but you don't have to love.”

She nods and I walk downstairs and smile at me folks.

Mia's P.O.V.

When Shawn leaves I stay curled up in the closet. I can hear them through the vent that is at the bottom of his closet that most likely leads to the living room. I press my ear against it and listen.

“So is her brand mark still there?” his dad asks him.

“Yeah” I hear Shawn say

I don't hear his dad's voice anymore and assume he went to the kitchen. He spends a lot of time in there. I hear Shawn talking to his mum and yet I struggle hearing him completely.

“Mum I know dad won't like it..” I catch Shawn saying

“She's a slave Shawn. Nothing more” his mum says

“I don't care. I love her..” I hear him say

my heart melts. He loves me? Why me? I mean look at me. I'm ugly and honestly terrible. Not to mention I'm his slave. More specifically his sex slave. I listen more.

“Shawn think here” his mum says with a brief pause “She's a slave. Sex slave to be exact. She's a whore. Someday you'll meet a girl and that's when you sell her to some other guy or you set her free. But never do you marry your slave.”

“I'm not saying I'm taking her to the alter but mum she's so much more than you realize” Shawn states

My thoughts are distracted as the closet door swings open and his dad grips my arm yanking me out onto the floor. I go to scream but he covers my mouth. I struggle as I try to break free but his grip is too strong. He handcuffs me to the bed as tears rush down my cheeks.

“Please let me go” I beg him “please. I'm not yours. I'm Shawn's..”

he puts a gag in my mouth and ties it around my head so I can't scream. He locks Shawn's bedroom door and comes back and slides both of our clothes off. Tears rush down my cheeks as I try to scream from help but can't. He thrusts into me and tears rush faster as I try to break free cutting my wrists on the handcuffs. He thrusts harder and deeper before he slides out and cums on my stomach. I cry by this point as he walks away and comes back with a knife. I shake my head fast as he takes the gag out

“Please don't please” I say sobbing “please"

he puts the gag back into my mouth and I scream as he carves into my stomach the same brand he burned into my neck. This time with the date. I feel him get off me and I open my eyes and watch him as he cleans off the blade with a paper towel and throws it out the window onto the fire escape. He takes the gag out and takes off the cuffs and throws my clothes at me

“Get dressed and go back to the closet” he demands “now!

I whimper and get dressed going into the closet and I hear him get dressed and leave. I curl up and cry as I look at the blood seeping through my clothes staining my shirt. I stay in there not moving an inch for hours. Just keeping pressure on my new cuts so I won't bleed out.

.