Part: 6 Tortured and Rescued

Chloe found herself in a dark room, bound to a chair, yelling and struggling to free herself from the tightly knotted ropes. Perplexed about her unknown kidnapper and the reasons behind her abduction, she couldn't fathom any enemies she might have had. The men who brought her there stood like deaf statues, paying no heed to her desperate pleas.

A strong man in a grey suit stepped into the room, the others bowed their heads in deference. His sinister grin met Chloe's defiant glare, and she shrieked, "Open me, you bastard."

"You're close to Andrew. If you provide all the information about him, I'll free you." He declared, advancing toward her.

"I'm not close to him; I met him just last week. He suspects me of spying on him. He's attractive, so I'm interested, but I wish I were actually close to him." She explained truthfully before making a disappointed pout.

"This photo clearly shows you both are close." He asserted, displaying a picture on his phone. Her eyes sparkled at the image, showing them intimately together. Her smile faded into a frown as he put the phone back into his pocket.

"Now, are you telling the truth or not?" Abruptly, he yanked her hair, causing her to cry out in pain.

"I'm telling the truth, you bastard." She barked, her eyes ablaze with anger.

In response, he delivered a hard slap. "You will not answer like this," he warned, and she stared at him furiously.

He instructed one of his men to bring the torture equipment. The man brought a trolley with knives, needles, hammers, and more.

"If you don't want to scream in pain, give us only one piece of information. When is he delivering his next consignment?" He demanded, but she remained silent, averting her eyes.

Grabbing a knife, he cut her arm, triggering a sudden freakout as she recalled flashes of her harrowing past.

"Open me, you fucking bastard!" She thundered with outrage, shocking them with her extreme anger.

"Give us information; we will open you." They put the condition in front of her.

"I don't know." She yelled at him.

"We know that you know." He cut her below the neck. She pursed her lips and squeezed her eyes shut, bearing the pain.

They tortured her by grasping her hair and dipping her face in ice-cold water repeatedly, but Chloe wasn't revealing anything. She had heard the delivery date of his next consignment when she first saw him, but she continued to endure all the pain for him, not understanding why, feeling numb.

"You son of a bitch, stop torturing me! I'm not close to Andrew." She spat at him, provoking his anger. He grasped the knife and attacked her.

Before he could stab the knife into her chest in anger, Andrew stepped into the room with his men. He rushed to them while his men handled the others. Grasping the sharp knife, he glared at the attacker in fury, blood dripping down his hand, and his eyes spitting fire.

Chloe looked at him with a small smile on her face, her eyes twinkling with glee. Her heart filled with joy when he made an entry like a hero. She was extremely delighted, unable to describe her feelings in words. In the end, all the torture seemed worth it.

He directly stabbed the knife into the attacker's heart, then shifted his gaze to Chloe. His heart ached as he saw her in the worst state. For the first time, he felt hurt after seeing someone in pain; before, he was the one who gave pain heartlessly and tortured others with brutality. But her condition wrung his heart, making his eyes wet. The ruthless mafia didn't understand what was happening to him. He was utterly baffled by this strong foreign feeling.

"I knew that you would come." She murmured, smiling at him. He ignored her and began to untie the ropes.

"You know I had heard the delivery date of your next consignment at the bar last week, but I didn't tell them. Now, believe me, I'm not spying on you." She revealed, leaving him staring at her in utter disbelief.

Suddenly, she became unconscious, and her head fell over his chest. He was shocked for a few seconds.

"Boss, we have to leave now." Mike's voice startled him.

He instantly scooped her into his arms, becoming anxious for her. Mike noticed the change in his boss, the way he gazed at her and the expression on his face vividly telling him that his boss had feelings for Chloe.

He hurried out of the room, carrying the unconscious Chloe in his strong and protective arms, with Mike and his men following him.

"Mike, call our doctor immediately." He ordered Mike before sitting in the car, holding her.

"Okay, Boss." Mike nodded.

Once Andrew settled inside with Chloe, he closed the car door and took the front seat with the driver, then he placed the phone to his ear after calling the doctor.

Andrew sat behind, placing Chloe's head on his lap and gazing at her, apprehensive. He was distraught for her, not understanding why he was extremely anxious for her. He wanted to see her completely fine like before. She suffered because of him today, and it was killing him inside. He had never felt like this for anybody before. All this was new to him and frustrating. The sudden changes happening inside him were whirling his mind and driving him crazy.

However, he didn't know it was just the beginning of the transformation of the Mafia Boss.