Part: 9 The Hidden Pain

Chloe's eyes fell on Mike, who was staring at her in disbelief.

"What? Why are you looking at me like this?" She asked him rudely, her mood soured by Andrew walking away, leaving her bleeding.

"I'm seeing if you're really a human being," he told her, strolling toward her.

She narrowed her brows bemusedly. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you melted the boss's heart? A normal person can't do this," he stated, shaking his head incredulously.

Her eyes shimmered. "Really? Did I melt his heart?" She asked disbelievingly.

"Yes, I can clearly see it," he said confidently.

She made a sad pout. "I don't think so, he just walked out of here." She dejectedly looked in the direction from where he left.

"Because he didn't want to show you that his heart is melting, and trust me, it's not what it looks like, Chloe."

"What do you mean?" She asked, raising her brows.

"I'll tell you, but first let me dress your wound." He pointed at her bleeding wound.

"No, I will only let Mr. Handsome dress it." She stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fine, then I won't tell you anything about him. I thought maybe I could help you, but okay if that's what you want." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, but you must tell me everything about him." She waggled her finger at him.

"I'm here for that only." He smiled at her, and then they both turned to walk.

She stopped and asked him, "By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Mike. I work here, and I'm close to the boss," she nodded in response.

On the other side, Andrew paced across his room, wondering why he had become so angry and beaten the truck driver. Chloe's words echoed in his ear. 'But deep inside, you care for me.'

"Do I really care for her?" He asked himself, staring straight.

***

Mike was dressing Chloe's wound as they sat in her room on the sofa. "Mike, now tell me about your boss," she asked him.

"Boss never cared for any woman before you. So, isn't it obvious that you're special?" He questioned her, causing her eyes to widen in shock.

'Am I special to him?' She wondered.

"Really? But he said he's just helping me because he doesn't want to get himself in trouble." She uttered in a grim tone.

"Well, he would have killed you instead of bringing you here. Think wisely." He replied.

Her eyes enlarged in shock, and she asked, "Why would he have killed me?"

She still wasn't aware that he was a mafia boss.

"You don't know who the boss is?"

At that moment, Andrew arrived to check if Chloe had gotten her wound dressed or not. He became jealous again upon seeing her with Mike.

"Mike." He yelled, catching their attention. They both turned their eyes to the door where he was standing.

Andrew marched over to them in fury. "Mike, what are you doing here? I was looking for you." He asked Mike, glaring at Chloe through the corner of his eye.

Mike could clearly see that Andrew was jealous. "Boss, I'm dressing her wound." He stifled a laugh because it was funny for him to see his boss getting jealous of him.