Thirty Three

Gigi's point of view

"That's all for today dismissed"

I smile as I collect my things, this statement has always been my favorite thing to hear for everyday, I mean for hours and hours of boring class don't you just love dismissals?.

Not to mention the fact that since my class is over I could finally have lunch with y/n.
Which is also my favorite.

"Gigi when are we gonna do the task?" Alexa my partner asked me and start to think.

Free time, free time. Well I can't go after class I have to drop off y/n.

"Let's do it on Saturday? Is that good?" I asked and she nod. "Yeah sure see ya".

I really like having patient partners whenever there's a paired acitivity or group projects, it's nice to have that kind of partner than those ones whose always rushing.

Grabbing my books and my bag I head my way outside, and as I stepped out, a figure of a familiar woman instantly greeted me, and it was not good.

Lauren jauregui.

I let out a frustrating sigh.

"Just so you know my mood is going perfectly fine don't ruin it with your bad aura" I rolled my eyes.

"Calm down Jelena I just wanted to talk" she uttered.

"Oh please don't call me that" I shot at her.

"I have plans so please get lost, I'd like to use my time wise not waste it from your bullshits" I sternly stated, but Lauren's not the type of person to easily give up so it's much tougher for me.

"Fifteen minutes?" She asked pleadingly.

"Five" I negotiate.

"Oh come on, what do you expect me to do? Rap?" She asked.

That's totally not my problem.

"And? I told you I don't waste my time for bullshits" .

"Ten minutes? Please" she asked once more and I groaned unwillingly.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes.

She smile "good" suddenly grabbing my hands, I didn't get chance to protest as she pull me along with her.

I look down at our hands intertwined as we walk and it honestly remind me to when we were the best of friends.

We always do this, and there's nothing can separate us... that's what we thought.

Reaching the empty room, far from the crowded area I quickly snatched my hand back away from her.

"Okay your ten minutes starts now" I said clicking my watch to set the timer.

"I just wanted to talk to you about us".

I mentally scoffed, us?... There's never an us...well not anymore

"I wanted to fix it Gigi, I wanted to fix everything between us, I can't stand another day fighting with you" she let out.

"Then don't fight me, that's easy, you're the only one whose trying to always get on my nerves in every single day" I told her.

"Will you talk to me if I don't do that?" She questioned.

"No we will just ignore each other, that easy, you don't bother me I don't bother you, it's a win win" I shrug.

"Didn't you just heard me? I said I want to fix things between us Gigi" she moves towards me but I quickly move away from her, and continue to look at my watch.

"I want my best friend back" she let out which made me look up and face her seriously.

"Best friend? You mean that Gigi whose very naive, and didn't see that the person who she treated as a family is a backstabber and selfish piece of shit? You want that best friend back?" I suddenly felt so much rage in my blood but I'm trying my best to keep myself calm.

"Gigi If all this is all about a man-"

And that's when I lost it I pushed her hard that her back hit the edge of the cabinet which made her groan in pain but I couldn't possibly care less.

"All about a man? Really Lauren? You think it's all about a man? Am I such a slut to you?"

"Yeah you once had Zayn and when we got together you were so furious with me".

"You're so stupid, this is stupid you're just wasting my time" I groaned and was about to make my way out but she held the door shut.

"Then tell me what is it about, if not the desperation to be with a man, then tell me what makes you hate me so much" she practically raised her voice and I look down.

I felt so weak at the moment that I can't even put a tone and give her a fight.

"It's the betrayal Lauren, the honesty, the lies, the words I wish you would've told me but you never did, the trust I wish you would've gave me but you never did, it was never because of him, it was because you didn't trust me, you didn't believe in me, I would've let you two to be together if you just told me first...but no I had to find out to other people whose not my best friend, so you want your best friend back? I suggest you look for another one" I stated emotionally and she just stood there with nothing to say.

Just what I thought.

I made my way to the door but she whispered to me as our shoulder brushed off.

"I love you Gigi"

But I guess she never meant that statement so I just made my way outside.

As soon as I stepped out I let out a heavy shaky breath and try to remove all this thoughts running in my head.

Thoughts from the past and the pain that I expected to be gone.

But how do you expect it to be gone when the person whom cause it to you is always on your sight.

I look at my watch and realize that i was half way till the break ends, I groaned, y/n must've been waiting for me. So I hurriedly made my way to the cafeteria but as I check our usual spot she wasn't there which made me confused

"Oh are you looking for y/n? She just ordered out the food and said she'll be in the gymnasium" a nice friend told me and I thank him before making my way to the gym.

It was a few buildings away from cafeteria so I was literally running to catch up with her.

As I enter the area, I saw her dribbling a ball which made me smile.

Then she suddenly pause and hold the ball before shooting it to the hoop, which surprisingly went good. And she made a little victory dance Which literally fixed my whole mood.

"Damn I didn't know you're a sports woman" I spoke out and she instantly turn to me with a charming smile.

"Hi" she said as she approached me.

"There's your food" she point out and I followed her gaze to see a plastic and a box of meal sitting on the bleacher.

"You bought this for me?" I asked and she nod "yeah sorry I already ate cause I was quit starving" she chuckled.

"Thank you y/n you didn't have to do that".

"Nah it's cool go on before the break's over" she told me and I nod.

"Oh by the way Gigi, you didn't have to drive me home today I have to stop by at the market to pick up something that my mom needed".

"Are you sure? I mean I could go with you?" I offered but she shook her head and start dribbling the basketball towards the hoop again.

"I'm an independent woman ya know" she wiggle her eyebrows and throw the ball inside the hoop for another great shot.

I chuckled,

she's really something else.