Twenty-Seven

The next day has start fast as usual I would wake up to the familiar ambiance of my room, have my breakfast, take a shower, get ready for class and yeah.

"I'm going now" I let out and reached for the door.

"Y/n sweetheart wait for me now I could drop you off to school" my mom said and I looked back at her.

"I thought you can't drive me?" I asked confused.

She shook her head "No I'm going to the market to buy some stuffs so I'll drop you off on my way there".

Well free ride who can say no to free?

Free food, free ride, free shits.

Life is better when everything is free.

"Oh, hold on I think I misplaced the key" mom said and was about to turn around to go back to her room to search for it but I told her "mom it's in your pocket check it".

She stopped her movements and shove her hands down to the pocket of her jacket and pull out the key.

She look up to me with a surprised look

"How'd you know it's in my pocket?"  She asked.

"Well I saw you put it there earlier" I said as she furrowed her eyebrows confusedly trying to remember her actions.

I chuckled before lightly bumping her shoulder "damn woman you're getting old" I said in a joking way...and luckily she's in the mood to joke around, she pretend to be offended before giving me a light slap.

Mom's are mostly forgettable, I think it's because they do lots of stuffs.

I mean I'm not a mother yet but I often forget shits too.

Opening the door I let my mom went out first before me, and I picked out the keys to lock the front door but I couldn't seem to find the right one...honestly why do parents put every single freaking keys in one ring, jesus now I'm confused.

"Y/n dear.." my mother tap my back but I'm still trying to figure out which keys fit in the keyhole.

"Y/n"

I groaned "mom hold on I'm struggling here"

"Hunny" she called out once more

Holy shit my mom is getting impatient time by time.

I roll my eyes and finally found the right key

"Y/f/n!" My mother literally yelled this time, I huffed out and asked "what? It's done now calm down"

"There's a beautiful girl in front of our house" she mumble loud enough for me to hear.

I curled my eyebrows and follow her gaze.

The circulation of my mind stops for a moment as I saw Lauren standing behind her car, she smile and wave at me.

"Is she waving at you?" My mom asked

"If she's waving at you that would be weird right? So of course she's waving at me" I told her and I get a light elbow from her.

With me mother behind me we approach gigi.

What is she doing here.

"Hey"I greeted

She smiled sweetly "hey good morning"

"Hello ma'am you must be her mother? I'm Lauren" she stuck her hand out to my mom which she gladly took to shake.

"Are you the girlfriend of my daughter?" She suddenly ask.

My eyes widen and instantly look at her "Mom! What the hell?"

Lauren laugh softly, "what? I'm just asking" she defend

This is why you don't introduce your friends to your parents mother's fathers whatever's because they'd think they're your 'relationship'

That's

'assumption rule #1'

"I'm here to pick up y/n I'm hoping we could go to school together" Lauren said and I look at her quite surprised, pick me up? She drive all the way here just to pick me up. Oh my God and she's not supposed to know my address, how does she know? Shit did she just stalk me

"Sorry lauren but I'm gonna-"

"Yeah of course sure take her just take care both of you" my mom suddenly said...damn I was just about to say I can't because I'm gonna hop with my mom.

"I thought you'll drop me off?" I asked her and my mom gives me a goofy smile while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I forgot I have to take the other road cause It might be traffic" she wink at me.

I scoff, this woman.

"So bye now, and nice to meet you Lauren, thank you for giving my daughter a ride" she smiled to her and surprisingly give her a hug.

Things really escalated quickly.

"Of course anytime ma'am" Lauren let out.

I watch as my mom excitedly walk to the garage to get the car, she look back at me one more time and gives me a thumbs up while lauren is still looking.

I rolled my eyes and mentally facepalm myself.

"So I believe your mother likes me" Lauren spoke out all of a sudden.

I chuckle "she likes everyone"

"But mainly me" she wink

"Don't be too conceited Lauren" I told her

"Okay well are we just gonna stand here with you admiring me or are we gonna go to school?" She asked and I felt myself blush a bit, I'm not admiring her! I barely look at her face, she's too intimidating.

"Well I honestly planned to ride with my mom because she said she's gonna drop me off"

"But you're stuck with me now so you have to go with me" she smile proudly.

"Well yeah which is very unexpected you suddenly just pop up in front of my house how did you even get here?"

"Surprises surprises darling" she smirk before opening the car door for me.

I wonder how'd this day will go.