Twenty

"Come on Lauren just pick what you want" Gigi said while pulling out money from her wallet.

"I'm scared to pick" I let out while my eyes still continue to gaze upon the machine.

Gigi groaned at me "seriously Lauren? All you have to do is pick a damn snack from the vending machine and I'll pay for it what's so scary about that?".

I look at my best friend with a mischievous smile "I'm scared to pick because they all look yummy"

She chuckle at my silliness before rolling her eyes "alright come on I can't buy the whole vending machine we don't have much time till the break's over so move your ass jauregui before the bell rings!".

"Fine get me Cheetos"

She put the money on the machine and press for our drinks and snacks, she's treating me so I don't have any problem with it...she got me a pack of Cheetos and a can of cold cola.

I opened my beverage before taking a moment to sip because I am really thirsty, I gaze up and realize that Gigi has already been walking away...she never really learned to wait. Always impatient. Always got to go first.

"Jelena wait for me!" I yell and it instantly made her stop because the fact that she don't like people calling her by her real name it'll be a complete understatement for her.

She might turn from a complete angel to a scary monster well not really monster cause she's beautiful as fuck.

She glare at me as soon as I catch up beside her "have I told you to not call me that?" She reminded me and I laugh in response well she don't like people calling her that but she always makes an exception for me, she don't get mad at me whenever I'm calling her by her name she'd rather enjoy it.

"I'm sorry Jelena I just want your attention" I teased and she playfully roll her eyes then lightly smack my arms before wrapping it around my waist "lucky you I love you if not I already killed you".

Like have you ever got that feeling when someone so special to you told you those three words... it's just too much frisson for me.

"Oh my god Lauren it's Zayn!" She suddenly exclaimed as we passed by the whole team of the football club.

Of course I forgot to mention that she's definitely straight...so even how many thousand million times she say those three words to me it'll only mean as friendship to her.

"Do you want to approach him?" I asked and of course I want to be such a supportive best friend to gigi even if I have to get hurt.

I mean that's what happened when you loved someone so much you'll risk all even your own feelings.

"No! Oh my God Lauren no I mean I look hideous and he might not notice and and an-"

She's starting to freak out so I hold her shoulders and turn her to face me "hey you're perfect"

Her face soothes and turn soft in an instant, she smile at me warmly then give me a light kiss on my cheek "thanks Lauren you're the best".

Fake a smile that's all I can do.

"Alright tiger go approach him" I told her and she nod before turning her back to me.

Little did I know that's the last time everything between us would be normal.

It went smooth sailing at the start, they've met and they started to talk more often.

Zayn would usually approach her in our table during lunch and end up eating at the same table with us, and of course I couldn't do anything I'm fine with it as long as I'm seeing Gigi smiling and having fun.