boxer's girl // ten

Cole's POV

I woke up with Hannah in my arms. I smiled and was about to kiss her forehead when her phone buzzed next to me. I picked it up to see if the text was important or if I should just leave it.

Love you too baby, you need to visit me again ;) -Tanner

Who the hell is Tanner? Why does she need to visit him again? No, no she doesn't need to visit you again, Tanner. Goddamit. She's cheating on me. I got up out of bed--not even trying to be gentle or quiet with my movements--and started picking up my clothes.

"Where are you going, babe?" Hannah mumbled while rubbing her eyes.

"Why don't you ask Tanner!" I said before closing the door and hurrying to my room. She'd try to come find me soon and make up some lie. Some stupid lie that I didn't want to hear.

I ran out of the house as soon as I had clothes on. I just needed to get away. I drove to the only place I could think of going. The cliff.

I parked on the grass that meets the cliff and walked the rest of the way to the top. I laid down and took a deep breath.

I just want to know why. Why wasn't I good enough? Why wouldn't she just tell me she didn't want me anymore if she wanted him? What did I do wrong? I love Hannah. As much as I'm hurt right now, I still love Hannah more than anything.

I sat up on the field once I felt a tear stream down my face. I've never cried before. Not once in my life have I ever cried. Not when I got broke my arm and not when I lost a match. Never.

I looked around the empty field. I used to come here all the time. This is where I went when I needed space, time to think. But right now, I didn't want space or time to think. I want Hannah. I want to hold Hannah in my arms and kiss her. Kiss her better than that Tanner kid could.

But I'm mad at her. I should hate Hannah for making me cry, but I can't.

"Cole?" I heard her sweet voice right behind me. I hadn't heard her come up through my sobs. I turbed to see her standing there. She looked beautiful even if her face was red and eyes were puffy from crying. She was beautiful. "Cole please listen to me."

"I love you, Hannah. What did I do wrong? Was I not good enough because I'm trying! I'm trying so hard for you. I told you everything. I trusted you." I stood up and backed away from her a couple steps.

"You didn't do anything wrong, baby. I'm not cheating on you. Just let me explain." She sobbed now, too.

"You don't need to explain. I saw the text." I said starting to get angrier.

"You saw one text, Cole! Did you read the others? Did you even think for one second that theres no way I would've cheated on you? Because you know damn well I wouldn't. Somewhere in that think skull of yours, you know I wouldn't cheat." She looked angry now. Pissed even. "Here. Check if you don't believe me." She threw her phone to me, and I caught it.

Theough the tears, I opened up her texts to see her and Tanner talking.

Tanner- When will you visit meeeee???

Hannah- When I find time I promise Tan

Tanner- You better bring this boyfriend of yours.

Hannah- Why?

Tanner- Since you don't have a brother it is my cousinly duty to grill him like a brother would. Just lookin out for ya babe

Hannah- You just want to see my hot boyfriend

Tanner- Not true! I have Skyler remember! I have a boyfriend

Hannah- And I'm very happy for you

Tanner- Does he make you happy

Hannah- Happier than I ever thought I could be. Hes sweet and stupid and funny and overprotective and I love him

Tanner- Overprotective? Thats good

Hannah- He wont even let a guy look at me for over a second before freaking out on him

Tanner- I like him already

Hannah- I do too but I have to go. Cole just got out of the shower. Love you :)

Tanner- Love you too baby, you need to visit me again ;)

"You think I'm hot?" I laughed through the tears on my face. I'm an idiot.

"The hottest." She apoke with a small smile.

"So he's your cousin." I stated, feeling like an idiot.

"Yep. I was going to ask you today if you wanted to drive up tonight for the weekend to meet him and my other uncle and aunt, but you kind of..."

"I'm so sorry, Han. I love you so much. I am such an idiot." I ran towards her and cupped her face in my hands.

"You are, but you're my idiot." She whispered before leaning up and kissing me. When she pulled away she sighed and relaxed into my arms. "Talk to me next time. I don't like waking up to see you leaving me."

"I promise."

"So do you want to meet my Aunt and cousin?"

-

We were driving to her Aunt's house upstate, and I was freaking out. What if they don't like my hair or my clothes or me? Oh god.

"Relax, baby. They'll love you." Hannah crawled across the bench in my old pick-up truck and kissed my neck. She had her hand on my thigh which actually relaxed me. She continued to kiss my neck as I drove up to her Aunt's house.

"D-don't." I groaned knowing she didn't mean to have this effect on me.

"Sorry. I-"

"Don't worry about it, baby. Let's just go." I shivered nervously as I stepped out of the truck. I took Hannah's hand in my own and intertwined our fingers.

"Don't worry. They'll love you just like I do." She kissed my lips softly.

I hope so because I want to spend the rest of my days with you, Han. "Okay." I smiled at her and kissed her hand in my own.

We walked over to the door and knocked. I was scared beyond belief. I'm meeting her family for Pete sake! I can't afford to mess up this! I love Hannah, and if I mess this up, she may never want me again. Which would suck because I live in the same house with her.

"Hannah!" A boy around 15 years old opened the door. He was pale with brown hair and brown eyes.

"Tanner!" She smiled as she was enveloped in a hug by him. I tried letting go of her hand to make the hug easier for her, but she held on toghter. "Tanner, this is Cole, my boyfriend." She turned to me now and cuddled into my side while I smiled at him. This is the guy I thought she was cheating on me with? He's a kid!

"Why hello!" He leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms.

"He's taken." Hannah narrowed her eyes at him before pushing him playfully and pulling me into the house.

"Whatever." I heard Tanner mutter before I laughed.

"Ann!" She yelled, echoing throughout the house.

"Hannah?" A small pale woman walked out from behind a wall divider. "Oh, honey! I've missed you." Her smile was bright. It made me envious. Hannah has all this love around her. I know I shouldn't be jealous. She's my girlfriend, but I can't help it. I never had this.

"This is Cole. Cole, this is my Aunt Ann." She smiled between us as her aunt smiled at me. I gave her a small smile back.

"I forgot something in the car. I'll just be right back." I muttered and kept my small smile as I kissed Hannah's cheek. Her concerned face followed me as I walked back out of her house.

I need a minute. I need to be alone like I was all my life before Hannah came into it.