boxer's girl // eightteen

Cole's POV

Kayden. Kayden Simens was standing right in front of me again. I couldn't believe my eyes in this moment.

"Cole." Hannah said softly as she saw me looking down now.

"Yeah, babe?" I said off of instinct even though, right now, I couldn't even think of paying attention to anything else but Kayden.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking between us.

It seemed like hours before any of us moved. Before any of us said anything. Before any of us breathed. It was intense. Even more intense than before my fights, more stressful, too.

Then Kayden hugged me.

I stiffened, and Kayden chuckled, backing away again. "Still not a hugger?"

"No." I said, laughing lightly with his now, too.

"I'm lost." Hannah said, obviously confused. Kayden and I immediately snapped our attention to the most important girl in our lives.

"Hey, cutie." Kayden smiled, now looking at Hannah for the first time. He picked her up into a hug with her smiling like crazy. "I've missed you so much, sweet pea."

"I've missed you more, potato." She sighed into his neck. "I guess you know Cole then, my fiancé." She laughed lightly, backing back up into my chest for me to wrap my arms around her. I could tell she was nervous and uncomfortable, though.

"Can we talk?" Kayden said nervously.

"We can talk in front of Hannah." I said sternly. I would end up just telling her what he said anyway, so why not just let her listen?

"Oh, okay. Well, uh...Hey, man. I'm sorry." Kayden scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Don't apologize now, Kayden. It's too late. I don't care anymore. I found someone better, someone worth my time. I moved on. You moved on. And I'd like for us to get along seeing as my fiancé seems to like you." I said strictly. "As long as we don't repeat history, we're cool. Got it?"

"Clear as water."Kayden smiled happily and lurched forward a little only to be stopped by Hannah putting her hand on his chest.

"Don't do that." She said nervously. I love how she feels the need to protect me since she knows that physical contact with others makes me uncomfortable.

"Man, you're whipped." Kayden laughed when he said me hug Hannah and not him.

"Just a little." I laughed and looked down at Hannah in my arms with a smile.

"Can we go back inside now that I know that Kayden won't kill you for asking me to marry you?" Hannah gave me an innocent smile, and I rolled my eyes, nodding my head. "Yay!" She ran ahead of us to one of the games they had around the carnival.

"Getting married, huh?" Kayden asked.

"I swear if you try to steal this girl from me like you did Sam, I will kill you. She means everything to me." I threatened, stepping closer to him while Hannah was off playing games.

"I won't. I promise. It was a mistake to ruin our friendship like that, and I'll never dream of doing it again." Kayden confirmed clearly.

"Good. Then lets go play some stupid carnival games to win whatever prize Hannah is dying to have." I rolled my eyes playfully at my immature girl.

We walked closer, laughing lightly at some old good memories we have. "Hey, beautiful." I whispered into Hannah's ear as I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind.

Boxer's Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें