boxer's girl // twenty-three

Hannah's POV

I was in the kitchen with Tatum, Jad's new girlfriend, when we decided to cook something. You see, Tatum and I love cooking, but we aren't too good at it. We keep trying though.

"Lets make pancakes." I said excitedly. Cole wasn't up yet, so it'd be perfect to make.

"Okay." She smiled brightly.

When we finished the pancakes, we tried it, and amazingly, they weren't bad! They were actually really good.

I ran up the stairs with the pancakes in my hands and jumped on Cole. My legs placed on both sides of him.

"Cole, wake up. I made pancakes." I said happily.

"Mmm." He groaned as his eyes fluttered open. "You're so cute." He laughed, looking up at me.

"You think so? I think I'm more hot, stunning, sexy, gorgeous." I smirked in my playful state.

"That's definitely something we can agree on." He smirked back at me and pulled me down to kiss me. "Tatum still here?"

"Nope. She left to bring some to Jad." I smiled.

"Good." He muttered and pulled me down completely, his arms wrapping tightly around my body. "I want to cuddle."

"We need to go shopping for food, though." I said into his chest.

"We have no food?" He said, suddenly sitting up. I nodded, and he bursted up to get dressed. "That's a problem."

-

After getting all the food, we made our way to the checkout when it all just went down hill.

"How are you, beautiful?" The little checkout guy really was doing a great job checking me out.

"I'm good." I said bluntly.

"I get off work in 10 minutes." He winked at me. Seriously, dude, back off.

"That's great." I said sarcastically.

"Want to meet up, babe?" He was getting worse and worse.

"I'll just take the groceries. Thanks though." I gave him the money and left with my cart. Not until then did I notice the fuming Cole beside me. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Are you kidding me?" He yelled as we got in the car. "You did not just ask if something was wrong!" He yelled.

"But-"

"No. We'll talk when we get home. I don't even want to look at you right now." He growled, so we didn't talk. Not one word was spoken between the two of us the entire trip home. And it sucked knowing he was mad at me.

"Can you please just tell me what I did wrong?" I asked after we put the groceries away.

"You're telling me you don't know why I'm pissed?" He yelled.

"Yes." I said silently.

"You were flirting with the goddamn cashier, Hannah!" I flinched at the use of my full name.

"No, I wasn't." I said back.

"You didn't stop him from making passes at you. You didn't prove you were taken with the ring. You didn't say anything about me." He yelled and slammed his hands on the counter making me flinch.

"I don't need to prove anything to some guy that works at a grocery store. He doesn't mean anything, so why prove it? We are never seeing him again." I countered.

"If you aren't going to prove it, then why the hell did we even get married?" He yelled loudly.

I could feel the ache in my heart at his words. "You're right. Why did you even marry me? Obviously I'm not good enough for you." I finally yelled something back to him.