boxer's girl // thirteen

Cole's POV

I hadn't left all week. I couldn't. Not when the woman that I love is laying unconscious in a hospital. I talked to her, too, because it gave me hope that she'd come back. Although, somewhere inside of me I knew it was just to distract myself from the truth of her possibly never coming back to me.

"Cole, you need to rest." Dylan popped his head into Hannah's hospital room as I held her hand gingerly, like always.

"I'll rest when she wakes up." I whispered, my voice horse since I haven't talked much while I've been here.

"C'mon, man. She'd want you to eat something." He sighed. "I brought you your favorite." He said, handing me a bag with my favorite burger in it from McDonald's.

"Thanks." I said while giving him a curt nod. He nodded back and left the room.

I ate quickly so that I could go back to holding Hannah's hand. I hated not being able to touch her. Touching her was what made it feel like nothing had happened. Like she hadn't been taken from me, like she was still awake and just sleeping on my chest like usual.

That's all I wanted, for things to go back to before he got her. Before I let her go. This was all my fault.

"I love everything about you, Han. I love the way you play with your hair too often. The way you drool all over me when you sleep on me at nights. I love how comfortable you are with yourself. I love that you make me feel special, like I actually deserve to be loved. I juat hope I don't loose that." I sighed and ran my free hand through my hair before continuing. "I love the way you make me feel at the same time that I hate it. You make me feel vaulnerable and exposed and that scares me, and I hate it. I hate that you wear those tiny work out shorts around the boys. I hate that I have to compete with every other man on the planet for you. But I love it at the same time. You confuse me in the best way, baby." I whispered and kissed her lips softly. "You said you loved me to death, so you can't die on me, Han. Not yet." I started crying like I had been non-stop for the past week she's been here.

As I rested my head on the bed and cried, Hannah's heart monitor started going crazy. Her heart rate was faster than it should be, way faster.

"Nurse! Doctor! Someone!" I yelled loudly as I continued to sob. I don't want her to leave me like this.

After that, I was kicked out. The doctor had to tend to her, but I couldn't be in the way. I sat in the waiting room with my hands in my hair. I hate myself for doing this to Hannah. I hate myself so much.

I waited hours. I waited while other families got to visit their loved ones and came out with smiles of hope. I waited while Dylan and Jad tried to cheer me up. I waited while I cried for the only person I will and have ever loved. I waited while doctors came in giving me false hope that it might be about my baby.

I waited.

I was asleep on the chair when I felt someone shove my shoulder. I looked up to see the doctor that pushed me out earlier.

"You may see her." He said plainly. Was this it? Was this my final goodbye to Hannah? Was this the last time I'd see her?

I walked slowly to her room, hoping and praying that she was laying there still alive. I opened the door, crying and with fear evident in every feature. I walked in to see my Hannah sitting on the bed watching TV and looking at the hospital food with distaste.

"Hannah!" I gasped as I rushed over to her and enveloped her in a gentle hug. I was crying more now than I was before.

"Cole!" Hannah wrapped her arms around me and pulled me against her tightly. I pulled away wnough to grab her face and pull her into a kiss that I had needed badly while she was in the coma. It felt nice to have her kiss me back this time.

"God, I missed you." I whispered into her ear as I hugged her again.

"I missed you, too, but can you maybe get me some good food? This is disgusting." She groaned and pulled a disturbed face.

I laughed and nodded. "Of course, baby. I'll be right back." I kissed her again as I ran out of the room smiling.

My baby was alive. My Hannah was okay and well. My Hannah was hungry. I though to myself as I drove to the nearest Wendy's to get Hannah her favorite: a chocolate frosty, a chicken sandwich--plain--, and fries.

I hurried back to the room to see Daniel, Dylan, and Jad sitting on the couches in the corner with smiles on their faces as they talked to Hannah. The chair I had been sitting in for the past week was left empty, and I sat there. I pulled Hannah in for another kiss and handed her the food.

"Someones happy." Dylan smirked at me. I could only nod as I started at Hannah with admiration. She's so strong.

"Well, it's late. I've got a match tomorrow, so I'm gonna head out. I'll come visit you after and tell you how it goes." Dylan stood up and gave Hannah a quick hug.

"And he's my ride." Jad stood up next and hugged Hannah as well.

"And I'm the coach." Daniel laughed and kissed Hannah's forehead. "Be safe, kid." He whispered to her before leaving.

"I love you." I whispered before kissing the back of her hand.

"I love you more, Cole." She smiled at me then frowned. "Lay with me. You need rest, too, baby."

I shook my head. "I don't want to hurt you. I'll rest when we get home, together." I emphasized together, but Hannah rolled her eyes.

"Get in this bed with me, hold me, and let me use you as a pillow. It'll be more comfortable than these." She wacked one of the flimsy pillows they give you and pulled my hand.

I climbed in underneath Hannah while she lifted herself to cuddle on top of me. I kissed her forehead, and she tilted her head up so that she could connect our lips. We continued to kiss until we needed air.

"Cole?" Hannah broke our silence as we smiled at each other.

"Hmm?" I hummed and kissed her forehead, loving the feeling of laying with her again.

"You never have to compete with any other man." Hannah whispered before kissing my chest and laying her head down on me.

She had heard me. She heard everything I was saying.

"I love you, Han. And I meant everything I said." I whispered as I felt her dose off on my chest. Placing a final kiss on top of her head, I laid my head down as well.

Now, I'd finally be able to get some good sleep.