boxer's girl // three

Cole's POV

I didn't know if opening up to Hannah would be good for me or not. I can't help but not trust people, but with Hannah, I don't know, she makes me feel different. Like I can't not trust her.

"You do?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah...my parents died when I was 14. They were hit by a drunk driver. After loosing the only two people who promised to never leave, I stopped trusting people to stay. I started hanging out with the wrong type of people, fighting, drinking, smoking, you name it, I did it. It wasn't looking good for me until Daniel found me at one of my old street fight matches. I never lost one." I chuckled to myself at the memory. "He invited me here. He trained me and got to know me better than anyone ever has. He became a second dad to me. Even though he did manage for me to trust him, I still don't trust him not to leave me. I know he will one day." I sighed laying my head back on her pillow.

How did I end up laying in her bed with her? I don't date. I don't hang out with girls. I box. That's it. So why is Hannah so different to let me hold her like this? And how did I even know how to hold her like this?

"What happened with your parents is awful, but Daniel isn't leaving. Neither did your parents you know. They loved you. Daniel loves you. They will always be with you even when they die. And you have to remember that it wasn't your parents choice to die and leave you. They were hit. They couldn't prevent it. As far as Daniel goes, that guy is like a dog. He's loyal no matter what. And you're what 21 now, right?" I nodded at her question. "And you've been here since you were 14, so that means he's been here with you for 7 years. Don't you think if he was leaving he would've already?" I had never thought about any of it like that.

"You're amazing." I slipped out before I could say anything.

"Why?" She let out a light chuckle.

"Because you didn't pity me when I said my parents were killed when I was 14, and you made me see that they didn't really leave me. You made me think of it differently." I smiled down at her, suddenly feeling a huge urge to kiss her.

"I don't see the point in pitying a person when they loose someone. It won't bring then back, so its pointless." She shrugged.

We laid in silence for a while more, my urge to kiss her growing stronger. I just met her yesterday, and now I want to kiss her? God, what is she doing to me?

"You know, I'll never leave you." She whispered faintly after a while, and even though I just met her, I believed her. Why did I believe her?

I couldn't help myself anymore and gave into my urge to kiss Hannah. I leaned down and captured her lips in a deep kiss. I hadn't kissed a girl in so long. I swore off my one night stands after I moved her and begun my new, better life. Her kiss wasn't like those old, drunken kisses with random girls whom I couldn't remember the names to. It was somethig more special. And to be cliché, it was like the movies where fireworks went off excpet there were freaking nuclear weapons going off. I smiled as we pulled away. I don't know how long we were kissing, but I want to do it again. I hope she does, too.

"Um..I'm sorry." I appoligize after we didn't speak for a minute.

"Why? I'm not. I haven't kissed, let alone wanted to kiss, anyone in a long time until I met you." She sighed. "I don't know why this is happening all so fast with you, but I like it."

"I like it, too." I stood up from her bed, getting a quite confused and disappointed look from Hannah as I did. "Calm down, babe. I'm turbing off the lights. We should sleep: you have school tomorrow." Did I just call her babe?

"Did you just call me babe?" Hannah asked with a slight laugh.

"I swear I don't usually call anyone babe! It just slipped-"