Chapter Twenty Nine

I was shook awake and my eyes opened. Willow, Amanda, and Lilli stood before me. "What are you guys doing?" I asked and they looked at each other. They laughed and I tried to feel for Eric, but he wasn't there.

"Eric, is getting ready for the surprise we all have planned. Now get your lazy ass up!" Amanda shouted while walking over to my closet. She disappeared into it and I was pulled out of the bed by Lilli and Willow. I struggled while we were all laughing at each other. They eventually got me out of the bed. I sat there with my arms crossed and a pout formed on my face. Amanda walked out and handed me a baby blue peplum top and black skinny jeans, She handed be black high heel to go along with it.

"Go get dressed, we'll take care of your hair and makeup." Willow said while she pushed me to the bathroom. I sighed and shook my head when the door closed.

"I'll never understand those girls." I stated.

"We have super hearing you know!" Amanda yelled. I laughed and got a shower. I used cherry scented shampoo and conditioner. Then I used lime scented body wash. I got out, put my hair in the towel, and got dressed. I walked into the bedroom and the girls pulled me to a chair. They took my hair out of the towel and got to work on my face and hair. I looked in the mirror and they had transformed me. My hair was curled and framed my face, my makeup was very light it looked like I had no make up on at all. Lilli had painted my nails a dark blue color. They all took a step back and nodded.

"Beautiful." Lilli declared and the girls nodded in agreement while clapping. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"You're all idiots." I stated and the laughed.

"But, you love us." Amanda said and i smiled.

"Yes I do." I replied and we had a group hug. "Cheesy movie moment!" I yelled and we laughed.

"Come on Kayla. We have to do this, then you have to come back so we can all get ready for your ball." Lilli said and we all walked out of the room. I walked downstairs to Eric. He was wearing a black button up and black jeans. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You look gorgeous today Love." He said and pulled me into a kiss. I sighed in contempt and we separated.

"Hashtag Relationship Goals!" Amanda yelled and I blushed. Eric chuckled while he pulled me out of the house to the car. We got in then drove off. He pulled into a little diner.

"So we'll have lunch here then I was thinking about going to an amusement park and hanging out there for the day." Eric explained and I nodded. We walked in and sat down. The waitress kept flirting with him and I glared at her. I shut my eyes then opened them when she had slipped him her number on our check.

"Excuse me miss." I stated. She rolled her eyes and looked at me. "Hi, my name is Kayla and this is my mate. Back off!" I stated. She got a scared look on her face and backed off.

"Kayla, its okay. Come on let's get in the car." He said. I left condoms for the waitress's tip. I walked out with Eric's hand in mine. We got in the car and he drove us to the amusement park. We spent the whole day riding rides and playing games. He had won me a huge stuffed Squirtle. I smiled and we walked back to the car. i put the Squirtle in the back seat. "I have one more thing I want to do." He stated and pulled me to the ferris wheel. We got on and went around a couple times when the ride came to a stop at the very top. I smiled and Eric had his arm around my shoulder. The view from the top was amazing.

"Wow Eric!" I exclaimed and looked around.

"Kayla," I turned and looked at him. He had a nervous look in his eye. I looked at him and waited for him to tell me. "I have been waiting all my life for you and now that I finally found you, I want you to be with me forever. I know you didn't want to talk about this until your birthday, but I had to get this off my chest." He started to talk. He reached into his pocket and held a little velvet box. "Will you marry me?" I put a hand over my mouth and tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't say anything so I just nodded. Eric flashed me his award winning smile and kissed me. He slipped the ring on my finger and I immediately knew that we were going to be very happy. We got off the ride and walked hand in hand back to the car. We got in and smiled at each other. He drove us back to the castle where everyone was waiting. I got out and the girls surrounded me. They shrieked at my ring and I laughed.

"Now time to get ready for your ball." Willow stated an pulled me inside. They pulled me up to my room and pushed me inside. They put me in a long dark green dress that was sweetheart cut. They redid my make up and hair. They got ready after they were done playing Barbie with me. We all walked down the stairs to see the boys sitting there talking. I walked over to Eric who smiled at me.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear. Heat rushed to my cheeks, I pushed him playfully.

"Stop it." I whined and he laughed t me. We all walked out and got into two cars. We drove to my parents castle and got out. We were early and knew it so we walked in to see my parents, they were talking to a creature. The creature was a centaur and it looked furious. It slammed its fist on the table and flared its nostrils.

"You two are letting a child take over the throne of the Fae?" It roared.

"Yes, why do you care?" My father asked and the beast huffed.

"I don't but she could get hurt." It stated.

"Once again, why do you care?" My father questioned it.

"If you won't listen to me I'll just have to do something about it myself." It got up and stormed out. It saw me and slowed down. It bowed in respect and did what I guessed was a smile. "Hello, Kayla."

"How did you-" I started.

"I know you?" He finished and I nodded. "You are all over the place. Everyone is bound to know about you. Have fun tonight at your ball." He said and bowed again. He walked out and we all stared after him.

"Mom, Dad. I thought the Fae were in the middle of a war with the centaurs!" I exclaimed.

"We are, but Tiron had come here tonight to make peace. He had an exception though. For you to not become queen." My mother explained.

"Why?" I asked as guest started to arrive. My mother shrugged her shoulders.

"Have fun tonight." My father said and kissed my temple. Eric stared at me with a confused look. I had one that matched his. We shrugged it off and went to dance. Everyone introduced themselves that I soon became overwhelmed.

"Eric, I'm going to take a step outside." I stated.

"Do you need me to come with you?" He asked. I shook my head while looking around.

"No I just want to be alone for a moment." I replied and he nodded in understanding.

"Okay love." He stated and kissed me. I walked outside and stood there taking deep breaths of air. I was about to head back in when I heard something coming from the bushes. I walked over to the bushes and looked around.

"Is someone there?" I called out. I heard something behind me. I was about to turn around when something hard hit the back of my head. I fell to the ground and blacked out.

---------------------------------------
A/N Who do you think it was? Or what do you think it was? I worked hard on this chapter. The next one might reveal who did it or it might not. Wait and find out for yourselves. :)