Chapter Forty Eight

Eric tortured Kaleb for eight days, I could tell he was being upset by it. I made him stop doing it because of this. Kaleb sat there every day with the same sickening smile on his face. We were all sitting around talking about what to do. "I say we send Kayla in." Trent said. Eric looked at his older brother like he was an idiot.

"Are you serious? Kaleb hurt Kayla in so many ways that we couldn't imagine and you want her to go in there with that maniac!" He shouted while he slammed his fist down. I put my hand on his arm to get him to calm down. He took a deep breath as I looked around the table.

"I agree with Eric, its too risky for her." Willow stated.

"Yeah, but she could be the only one that can make him talk." Amanda retorted.

"He is chained up, how on earth is he going to hurt her?" Trent exclaimed.

"Do I get a say?" I asked, but was ignored as a huge argument broke out. I jumped up and slammed both of my hands on the table. "Look we might not like the idea, but, Trent is right what if I'm the only one that can make him talk? I have to do this." I said as I sat down. Eric stared at me intensely with a clenched jaw. I ignored him as I got up. "I am going so if you guys want to see if your theory was correct lets go." We walked into the room where you could see and hear everything. I took a deep breath as I walked into the torture room. Kaleb had his head down so he couldn't see who it was.

"Hello Eric, back to torture me some more?" He questioned. I sat down in a chair that faced him, but was very far away.

"Its Kayla." I stated. He lifted his head up and smiled at me.

"You finally came to see me!" He shouted gleefully. I looked at him sadly as he stared back at me with a crazy look in his eyes.

"Its not a good reason why I'm here." I said and he looked down at his hands. "We want to know why you beat me." Kaleb looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Sometimes I just can't control what I do." He replied as some tears fell down his face. I sighed and looked at the window where everyone would be.

"Why is that?" I asked. He looked at the window then back at me.

"I have a split personality disorder." He explained.

"I know that, but why does the other personality want to hurt me?" I asked.

"He doesn't like the competition for the throne. He also hates our parents for liking you more." He told me.

"Your other personality sounds childish." I said and he nodded. "Is there a way to get rid of him?"

"I've tried but he just keeps breaking through the surface and goes after you." Kaleb explained.

"Well, I can't kill you. Even after what you did, you're my brother and I love you." I said as I stood up. "Don't worry I won't let Eric do it either." I walked out of the room and into where all my friends were. I went, but the only person there was Eric and he looked furious. "Eric," I started to say, but Eric put his hand up to stop me.

"You shouldn't have gone in there." Eric said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"He could have hurt you." Eric stated.

"You need to stop being so worried, he was tied up nothing was going to happen." I replied. I went to hug Eric but he backed up so he could look me in the eyes.

"I am your mate I know what's best for you. Next time you will respect what I say and do as I tell you." He told me.

"Doesn't that go both ways though, because if I remember correctly I didn't want you to leave me here alone when you went off to fight Kaleb." I replied while I kept calm.

"I was trying to protect you!" Eric shouted. I looked down as the tears started to fill my eyes. I looked back up at him as the tears started to run down my face.

"I am your mate thats true but that doesn't mean you get to boss me around." I yelled. Eric picked up a chair and threw it against the wall. The chair shattered as I flinched away from him. Eric roared as he punched the wall. I stood my ground and waited for him to get his anger out. He looked up at me as his eyes turned blood red. He started to break things as I stood there. I flinched every couple minutes, but I waited.

"You will listen to me Kayla." Eric said out of breath.

"Eric, you know I love you, but I can't let you boss me around like one of your servants. I'm going to bed." I stated as I stormed out of the room. I walked up to my bedroom as I complained about how he was overprotective. I shook my head because that was one of his features I loved the most. Eric came into the room as I was changing my clothes. Any other time I would have cared, but he had seen me without clothes on so it no longer mattered. I got into the bed as Eric started to change. He turned the lamp off when he got into the bed. We laid there in silence as I kept turning in the bed because I couldn't get comfortable.

"Come here." Eric said and I laid my head on his chest. I was way more comfortable than before. Eric was playing with my hair as we sat there. I could tell he was in deep thought so I looked up at him. He smiled at me slightly as I stared at him.

"Look I understand that you only want to protect me, but you need to understand that I am capable of taking care of myself." I told him. I heard him sniffle a little bit so I turned on the lamp to see some tears falling down his face. I pulled him into the sitting position and sat in his lap. I played with his hair so he would calm down.

"Its my fault you got kidnapped and I got a spell cast on me that caused me to hurt you." He explained. "I felt as if when you went into that room with him that he would take you away from me again and it would be my fault again." I looked up at him as I kept playing with his hair.

"Eric, I am not going anywhere ever again. We're together for the rest of our lives, which for you is a long time. I don't know about me yet, but still. I love you and I will never stop." I stated. We leaned in and started to kiss he wrapped his arms around me like his life depended on me. Which technically it did if I had thought about it. Our kiss deepened and led to other things.

-----------------------------------
Well I'm back from my cruise. Did you miss me. Tell me what you guys thought and this chapter is dedicated to @JarronTurnbull hopefully that worked. If not i'll just go on the computer and do it.