Chapter Fifty Five

When the wedding was over Eric and I went back to our room. We didn't do anything but just sit and talk to each other. We would have done what couples traditionally do on wedding nights, but didn't want to risk hurting the baby. We got a shower then we got ready for bed. We went to sleep as I heard Eric humming to me and felt him playing with my hair. I smiled as I drifted of to sleep. I woke up to see Eric smiling down at me.

"Good morning." I said and kissed him.

"Good morning to you as well." he had repeated as we pulled away. "I feel like we should have the gender party today."

"Why?" I asked while I laughed at his remark.

"I am anxious to know what the gender if my baby is." He stated.

"Fine, but you have to call everyone and let them know." I told him.

"Already did." He replied. I shook my head as I laughed.

"What would you have done if I had said no?" I asked.

"I knew you weren't because you're just as anxious as me." He stated. I chuckled as I got out of the bed and got dressed. I wore a pink shirt then some maternity jeans. Eric got dressed in a blue shirt and a pair of black jeans. We walked downstairs to the kitchen and went to the chef. He was a short lean man. He had brown hair and his eyes were always red for some reason, but he was never hungry. He smiled as we came into the kitchen.

"Hello Eric and Kayla. Kayla you look beautiful as always." The chef said and kissed my hand. Eric wrapped his arm around my waist as the chef let go of my hand and went to the refrigerator to get our cake. "Here you are, and have fun tonight."

"How did you know we changed it to tonight?" Eric asked.

"It was announced by King Lucas, the servants are already working on the room." The chef replied with a smile.

"Thank you again." Eric stated as we walked out with the cake.

"Thank you." I called back as we turned the corner. We walked to the throne room where we knew King Lucas would be. We walked in to hear Lucas ordering for someone to be charged with treason. "Lucas, we just heard from Chef that you have servants working on our gender party."

"Yes, they are in the smallest ball room." Lucas replied and we nodded. We walked, but my legs started to hurt. Eric sensed this and picked me up as a way to help me.

"Come on Kayla, let's get you to the room so you can sit down." Eric stated as he carried me to a small ball room that was the opposite of small. I looked around in awe as I admired the decorations. There were blue and pink streamers that line the ceiling. There was blue and pink balloons at the end of tables. One of the servants walked towards me with a handle of blue and pink necklaces.

"Boy or girl your majesty?" She said as she curtsied.

"I think it will be a girl." I stated as she smiled and handed me a pink necklace. She turned to Eric and asked the same question.

"Boy." He replied and she handed him blue. He walked over to me as I noticed people starting to enter. Many had presents that were taken up to Eric and I's room.