Chapter Forty Three

We had been trying to figure out all day who had put the spell on Eric, but it almost seemed impossible. We had narrowed it to on type of possible suspects. It was some girl that wants Eric as their mate.

"Could it be Natalie?" Lilli asked. Trent sighed at this thought while he rubbed his face.

"I swear, if I find out Natalie was behind this in any way I'm going to kill her." Trent told everyone. "Natalie!" He roared. I jumped at the sound and Eric wrapped his arms around me. Natalie came running down the stairs as fast as her feet could carry her.

"Yes master." She said while she bowed.

"Did you cast a spell on Eric?" Trent asked. Natalie cut her eyes to the floor trying to hide her guilt. "Natalie! Did you do it?"

"No master," She whispered. Trent raised his hand to hit her. "But, I know who did." She rushed out before he swung his hand.

"Who?" I questioned. Natalie glared at me, but Eric hissed at her.

"You will answer her, or I will kill you." Eric roared. He let me go and stood in front of Natalie. "Go ahead."

"Tanya." Natalie stated.

"How do you know?" Trent asked.

"Simple, Kaleb approached me with a girl and told me that I could have what ever I wanted. I really want Eric, so now I have him!" Natalie exclaimed. She threw arms around Eric and this caused him to grow angry. He grabbed Natalie's head and turned it hard. He snapped her neck within a blink of an eye. I screamed in horror as everyone stared at Eric in shock. Realization crossed his eyes as he looked down at Natalie's body. He sighed and clapped his hands. A servant hesitantly came in while she looked down to the floor.

"Clean this up." Eric ordered and walked over to me. I flinched as he helped me up. He helped me up the stairs to the bedroom. He put me in the bed and I remembered I needed a shower, but was hesitant to say anything. "Kayla, come on. I know you need a shower."

"I'm really uncomfortable with you looking at my body. I would rather have a female help me." I told him and he nodded. He walked out of the room leaving me on the bed. I sat and waited for him to come back. He came back with one of the girl servants. I could tell she was a werewolf by the eyes. She helped me into the bathroom and I awkwardly got a shower. When I was done and fully dressed, the servant left. I used the door for help to get out. I was struggling really badly so Eric walked towards me slowly. I could tell he didn't want to frighten me.

"Do you need help?" He asked. I nodded and he wrapped his arm around my waist so he could help me get to the bed. He got me over to the bed and let go of me. I sat on the bed as he walked over to his closet. He got dressed then walked back to the bed. He was looking down, I could tell he was in deep thought.

"Eric, are you okay?" I questioned.

"You still love me, right?" He asked.

"What would make you ask that? Yes I still love you, I couldn't stop even if I wanted to." I told him. He sighed as he sat on the bed. I remembered when we had first met there was a way I could make him feel better. I crawled over to him and sat in his lap. I put my head on his shoulder as I played with his hair. He was taking deep breaths as he had his arms wrapped right around my waist.

"I can't help, but think you're scared of me." He explained. "You might want to leave me since you're so scared of me. I understand now that I'm under a spell thanks to Natalie, but that doesn't help with my temper."

"Its okay. I can handle your mood swings, trust me I'm a girl. Like I told Trevor you're my mate and I'm not going to abandon you when you need me most." I replied. He leaned his head down to kiss me slowly. I kissed back without a hesitation.

"Lets go to bed." He said when we had pulled away. I nodded, so he laid us down in the position we always sleep in and this was the first time in the past two days I have felt safe in my mate's arms. I woke up and looked around. Eric was awake and just laid there. "We are going to find Kaleb today."

"How do you plan on doing that?" I asked.

"We are going to call the centaurs and talk to them." He explained. He got out of the bed to get dressed.

"I just want to stay and sleep." I groaned and threw the covers over my face. I felt someone jump on top of me. I yelped in surprise.

"Get out of bed, I'll let you stay in your sleep clothes." He tried to get me out of the bed, but I just laid there. "If you don't get up I'm going to tickle you." I shot up into a sitting position.

"Okay, lets go." I exclaimed and Eric chuckled. He helped me out of the bed and downstairs to the living room. Nobody was in the room and I was looking around confused. "Everyone is preparing for when we find Kaleb and this girl Tanya."

"What are you going to do to them?" I questioned.

"Lets not speak about what I plan on doing. I wouldn't want to scare you." He replied and kissed my forehead. "I will try to find a way to break this spell, then we will get married."

"Wait what if we don't find a way to break the spell?" I asked.

"Then we will still get married. That's a promise." He said and kissed me.