Chapter 3 - Empty classrooms full with memories

A/N: Heyyy I'm back again! In the last days, I had enough time to write some more chapters, so I guess I will update daily, yay^^ Though I'm not sure how often I can write the next few days, let's hope I have enough time to write more :D
I hope you like this chapter! Vote and comment if you want to^^

Danny's pov.

"Wulf, can you open a portal for us? I don't want to get accidentally stuck in the lab or something." Wulf nods, showing me he understood that.
I stand up, leaning slightly on the table underneath me with my hands on it.

"Good. Then it's settled. We're going into the human world."

The first step of our little plan was easy. Wulf opened a portal and we all went through. After that, Skulker made sure Jack and Maddie don't go into the lab while Technus and I stay there. Bad memories rush through my head as I look around the place. After one year I thought some things would have changed, but I was wrong. Except for more weird inventions and more ectoplasm all over the tables and on the floor. I don't even want to know where they got it from.

"Did you found something interesting?" I ask Technus who inspects a big machine in the middle of the lab. It kinda looks like the Specter Speeder, but much larger. I wonder what exactly it is.

"I think this is the thing they worked on for so long. It looks like they are going to finish it soon."

"What is it?" I ask and put the advanced version of the Fenton Wrist Rays I found away. Then I go around the Bus-like Vehicle and inspect it more closely.

"I think it's some kind of vehicle, built to travel around the Ghost Zone." He starts to explain and I look into it.

"You mean... it's just a much bigger version of the Specter Speeder."

"I suppose you can call it that, yes."

"That's bad... They definitely plan something. We need to stop them." I say and we both look up as we hear a loud crashing sound and some screams coming from upstairs. This is terrible.

"Stay here and try to find out more about this new Specter Speeder. I'm going to help Skulker." I say with a demanding tone in my voice. Technus nods briefly before I fly through the ceiling and around my old home, trying to find them. That's weird, I think as I fly intangible through Jazz room. Where is she?

The front door is destroyed and I can see how Jack and Maddie jump into the Fenton Family Ghost Assault Vehicle. This name is way too long for a weird-looking car.

As I look into the sky I see Skulker flying away from them, they follow. But the second I realize where they are going, I fly as fast as I can after them.

I never thought I would ever see this place again. Casper High.

"Skulker! Stop, now!" I yell at him, but it seems like he doesn't hear me. I chase him through the whole school but stop when I notice where I am. Mr. Lancers English Classroom. It's empty. No one is here and the memories I made here come back. How often I came late because of Ghost fights. The weird look everyone gave me when I once forgot to patch up a wound on my Hand. Mr. Lancer sent me directly to the school nurse. After that, Sam and Tucker asked if everything was okay. I never told them what really happened. I was too scared of their reactions, I still don't want to tell them. They all probably think I'm dead, last time I was here must have been a year and a few days ago. Were they sad when I left without telling anyone anything? Would they be happy if they knew I was still alive? Or at least, half alive? I feel the sadness again I felt on the day I left. It hurts so much...

Flashback 1 Year ago

"Good Morning Danny." The goth next to Danny whispered, he was late for class. Again.

"Whoa, dude. You look bad. Did something happen?" Tucker on his other side asked, getting a warning glance from their English teacher Mr. Lancer.

"I'm fine." The exhausted teen replied, forcing himself to smile. The night was pretty rough. Danny fought with Skulker, and the Box Ghost came 2 times! He was already late in bed because he had to finish his homework. Clockwork also talked to him. He told the young halfa... something.. and he didn't want to do this, but deep inside him, he knew it was time.

After School, Danny still wasn't sure what to do now. In the second lesson, Box Ghost came again and he had to bring him back to the Ghost Zone. Thanks to him he had detention.

"See you later, Danny." Sam and Tucker said as the trio parted in the hallway.

"Goodbye... forever.." He whispered sadly. His best and only friends didn't hear him anymore, they were too far away. Danny had decided. He couldn't do this any longer, he had to do his duty, he had to become King of the Ghost Zone. Even if that meant he had to leave his friends. It was probably for the better, they would just get in danger if he stayed with them.

Danny's pov.

I shake my head as if that would shake the memories of this place away and phase through the ceiling. On the rooftop stands Skulker, his armor has a big dent and his left Arm looks broken.

"I... I'm sorry for what happened. When we're back I will help you to repair your Armor, okay?"

"Don't worry, it's okay my King. It was getting old anyway. Why did it take you so long to get here?"