Chapter 19 - Unsolved questions and risks

A/N: Here it is, the next chapter! I am thrilled to be back, and I hope you'll still read this, even after this long time :') I am extremely sorry for disappearing for so long, but I'll try to update a bit more in the next few months. You can also follow me for more updates on my profile :3
But now, have fun reading, I really hope you like this Chapter^^ I am pretty happy with it, but do you like it too? Feel free to vote and comment if you liked it, thank you for staying patient with me  >~<

Mr. Lancers POV.

"Please come with me, we need to talk somewhere else." The King of Ghosts says to Mrs. Fenton and me, so we follow him silently. Mr. Fenton is still lying unconscious on the couch, between the students. What is this Ghost up to, I wonder, but I keep my mouth shut. He surely will tell us everything soon.

And with that, we leave the group of students alone and walk upstairs, right into what appears to be the Ghost Kings office. There is a big wooden desk in the middle, on the walls are multiple Bookshelves and I let my gaze scan the variety of literature he has. There are some really good books, I have to leave him that. But why does a ghost read human literature?

This question remains unsolved because the King sits down on the armchair in the corner while showing us with a hand sign that we can sit on the couch in front of him. I sit down with a silent thank you and look up to Mrs. Fenton who stands in the middle of the room, not letting the Ghost King out of her stern gaze.

"Would you please sit down? There are some things I would like to discuss with the both of you." He says calmly and I inspect the boy in front of me a little more. He looks like he can't be older than the students from my class, he easily could be one of my students. But still... there lies something deep within the toxic green, he has the look of a wise old man in his eyes. And the calm but demanding tone in his voice shows how grown up he must be. I silently wonder how old this boy really is and what happened to him to be the person he is nowadays.

"Standing seems just right for me, so no thanks." Madeline answers with spite in her tone. How childish.

"Fine then.", a quiet sigh leaves his lips, followed by an annoyed eye roll. Poor guy, he tried. "Before I explain how we'll continue from now on, I need to ask you something." He begins and I nod slowly.

"Of course, what is it?"

"What made you think it's a good idea to bring a high school class into another, unknown dimension?" He asks this completely calmly, but there is disappointment in his eyes. I can't bring myself to answer, he is right. It is dangerous, at first I thought it would be a great little field trip but now... everything went wrong and now we're here, sitting together with the King of all Ghosts and hoping to get home as soon as possible.

"Well... It would have been a great field trip if one of your Ghosts wouldn't have kidnapped my husband." Mrs. Fenton said and looked at Inviso-Bill with a threatening look. But he seemed to ignore it, his face was calm and cold at the same time, just as before.

"You don't get what happened, do you?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. Now I look at Mrs. Fenton too, awaiting her reaction.

"What.. Do you mean by that?" She asks slowly, the confusion is written on her face.

"That kidnapping wasn't an accident. It was necessary to get you here without any complications. If Skulker hadn't kidnapped Mr. Fenton, other Ghosts would have attacked you. And trust me, these other Ghosts wouldn't have brought you here. You would be part of my subjects by now." The Ghost King explains calmly, not letting the woman in front of him out of sight. Slowly it dawns on her what he means and the look of pure shock fills her eyes, Madeline even has to sit down next to me and hold her head.

"You mean... But how did you.." She begins but stops in the middle of the sentence. The King nods and continues:

"That's right. We knew from the very beginning. I think now we're getting somewhere." He smiles, pleased with her reaction. Somewhere in these emerald eyes hides something dark... Something that feels pleasure seeing others' realities falling apart, seeing others squirm helplessly under his power, pleading for mercy. At least when it comes to us, he looked at us - or to be more explicit, at Madeline - like this before, with this dark look on his face. I'm not quite sure where that comes from, I don't remember ever meeting him personally. But then again... Madeline and Jack Fenton are Ghost Hunters, it isn't surprising that he doesn't like them so much. Maybe they hunted him back then when he was in Amity?

"But Inviso-Bill, may I ask why you would even consider helping us?" I ask carefully and he turns to me with an irritated look in his eyes. Did I say something wrong?

"Aw man- I forgot about that part.." He mutters to himself, rolling his eyes again. He somewhat remembers me of a normal teen at this moment, the way he talks, the way he acts... Whatever this kid is, he does confuse me the more I talk to him. The next second he talks, he seems to have collected himself because now he talks just like before.

"I'm sorry, I believe I forgot to introduce myself. The name's Daniel Phantom, King of the Ghost Zone. I prefer being called Danny or Phantom than... whatever nicknames you gave me during my time in Amity." He says with a slight smile. I remember seeing Danny Fenton smiling like this when he talked to his friends. Actually, he looks a little bit like Danny Fenton too. They have a similar face shape and that little dimple on their cheek when they smile.

"Oh I see, it's a pleasure meeting you.. Danny Phantom.", I say, returning the smile. "I am-"

"Don't worry, I already know who you are, Mr. Lancer." He interrupts me and I raise my eyebrows. Since when does he know who I am? More questions remain without an answer because I simply mouth a silent "Okay" and then he continues.

"Going back to your question, I think you understand when I say that I don't plan on telling you all of my reasons. But what I can say is that... I have some personal reasons. Furthermore, it could become a problem for both sides if a school class gets missing in here, and I don't want to have more intruders in my kingdom." I nod understanding and say:

"I see. Then we should go back as soon as possible."

"That would be great. Our original plan was to open a portal right here, that would be the safest way. But that's not possible at the moment, so we need to change the plan." Phantom started to explain. I wonder what happened? He looks a bit glum saying that, but collects himself again and continues:

"I would suggest that you all rest here for the night and make your way back to the Fenton Portal tomorrow morning. If we're lucky, a friend of mine makes it here until tomorrow. Then we can teleport you to the Portal."

"That would be great, thank you, Your Highness." I say, thankful for his hospitality.

"There's no need to call me that, it's fine." He replies, scratching the back of his head a little nervous. Some of my students often do this, so it's not an unfamiliar gesture for me.

"Fine, thank you. But I assure you, if this is some kind of a trap, I will rip you apart molecule by-" Madeline begins but gets interrupted by the king himself.

"I know. Don't worry, I take the same risk as you. If you wish to sleep in a comfortable bed instead of the catacombs, I suggest that you shut your mouth and stop talking like this." He smiles innocently at the woman in front of him and stands up, while her jaw drops. I myself am quite impressed how fast he can switch between a polite young man and an eloquent, threatening Ghost. Mixed with his innocent smile... This boy definitely is a mystery for himself, I wonder what else he got up his sleeve. He definitely knows how to control his emotions. And that is probably by far the most terrifying thing about him.