Unresolved

I believe I resolved things too quickly between Dick and Wally. Sure, Dick's forgiven him. At least he says so, but what about subconsciously? He understood Wally's anger, but at the same time he couldn't help but feel... abandoned? Betrayed? Wally was one of the few people who was thought to be a constant in his life. An anchor.

And when someone's anchor to the world, especially if that person has suffered trauma, begins to slip away from them... the relationship can start to crack. And I mean come on, Wally was an ASS to him! He freaking pushed him over a chair!

We all know, through other fanfiction, canon information, or otherwise, that Dick's psyche has always been uh... delicate when it comes to losing his loved ones. And that stems from the early trauma we all know he endured at such a young age. And, being tortured a bunch mentally/physically probably didn't help either.
_______________________________________

It's been several hours since the procedure, and in that time Dick has only woken up one. Just a half hour ago. And although he was aware of who everyone was, he was still very loopy.

And very... emotional.

When he saw Bruce and the other Bats, especially Jason, he was very relieved.

And since he was still a bit loopy, he seemed a little confused at seeing Jason at first, but his confusion soon turned to happiness.

It was, as Leslie later explained, a side effect of the anesthesia and also possibly an effect of the blood loss he had suffered.

He probably didn't remember everything right away, or maybe was disoriented as to what was going on, but as long as he knew who everyone was then there was no need to worry.

Dick's eyes slowly blinked open, his eyes adjusting to the low glow of the lamp beside his bed.

He blinked once more to bring his vision into focus as he gazed at the three faces grinning down at him.

His family.

Barbara, Tim and Jason.

......

Jason?

Dick's mouth twisted into a small frown.

That... that wasn't right. Wasn't he... gone?

Jason's mouth moves to say something but in Dick's muddled state, he can't quite make out any words.

Dick's eyes narrow as he stares up at Jason. A moment passes before Jason's grin turns into a scowl and he raises a finger to poke Dick's forehead.

Despite Dick's initial confusion, his frown turns into a weak smile.

Maybe he got hit by something out in the field and he's delirious. Well, delirious or not, he sure was happy to see his little brother again.

And that touch sure felt real...

But there was something else. There was something about Jason, wasn't he supposed to be doing something related to him? He thought so, but he couldn't remember what...

Tim and Barbara both seemed to say something now, but as with Jason, it just came out as garbled nonsense to Dick.

The three faces soon moved away from his field of vision as another face came into view.

Bruce...

Dick instantly relaxed, the tension visibly seeming to leave his pinched face.