No Matter What!

WARNING: There is swearing.

Dick has been working non-stop at the Batcave's computer. He has a theory, he just needs to be absolutely sure it will work first.

A loud boom and the screeching of wheels on rock alerts him that Tim has come back.

"Where'd you go tonight Timmy?"

Tim takes his helmet off and walks up to Dick, standing by his side and looking at the screen.

"Where do you think? I'm not going back to them for a while."

At that Dick stopped working for a moment and turned to his little brother.

"Tim, it's been three months. You're gonna have to go back to YJ eventually. They need you."

"And so do the Titans... they've been asking about you Dick. They really miss you around the Tower."

I miss them too...

"... doesn't matter right now Tim. Besides I fully trust Starfire's abilities."

Dick could've sworn he heard Tim mutter something along the lines of "obviously" but let it go.

His little brother was never going to let either him or Star live that 'situation' down...

"What are you working on anyways D?"

As soon as he asked the screen went red and Dick slammed his fists onto the table, obviously frustrated.

Tim took one slow step back, not used to the overwhelming anger and frustration radiating off his brother.

"I don't even know anymore..."

Dick ran a tired hand down his face just as the cave's alarms went off.

Before Dick even got up, Tim was running over to check who it was this time.

Batman quickly entered the Batcave and looked as well.

"It's that new guy. Uh, Red Hood."

Dick inwardly grimaced. He had a theory about that guy too. But... now isn't the time.

Bruce glanced back at Dick as he put his uniform on. He immediately told him to sit back down and that he looked like complete and utter hell.

Dick, for once, didn't argue back. He just sat back down in silence and watched them take off.

_______________________________________

Dick let out another irritated sigh, albeit the fifth one that hour.

Another failure... maybe I need to reverse--

The doors screeched open once again, letting the Batmobile back home.

Reckless driving... Bruce must be pissed.

Dick switched the monitor screen to criminal files, making it seem like he was going over cases. He didn't want Bruce to see.

He'd just try to stop him.

Dick swung the chair around and saw that Bruce was in one of those moods.

"Any luck?"

Bruce glared at him and quickly took his uniform off, putting it back in the case. He slams the door shut and briskly goes back upstairs to the Manor, growling to himself and saying something about how he needed to talk to Alfred.

Dick sighed and shook his head, turning back to the monitor and switching it back to his project.

He tried another combination. And in return the screen flashed red once again.