Anger Pt. 2

Gotham's air was rather odd at night.

Either it was dreadfully cold or blistering hot.

Tonight was dreadfully cold. However, as Nightwing waited on the rooftop, his fury kept him warm enough. The only way he knew how cold it was is because the citizens were scurrying around in coats and scarves down below.

A soft thump soon landed behind him and his fingers twitched, clenching his escrima sticks tighter.

One part of his brain told him to have restraint, this man was his little brother.

And the other part was telling him that his little brother tried to kill his baby brother.

"You rang Dickie?"

He blew out a breath and turned around, trying to listen to the first part of his brain's message.

Jason's helmet was off, propped up on his waist.

And his mouth was set in a cheeky grin.

The nerve!

"Red Hood..."

His grin quickly vanished and he unconsciously took a step back, surprised by Dick's dark tone.

"What the hell is your problem? Babs and that little Replacement tick you off again?"

Nightwing's mask lenses narrowed to the point they were just measly slits.

"Why did you try to kill Robin?"

To Nightwing's surprise, Red Hood scoffed at him as if he was highly offended.

"Really? I stopped bothering them after that whole Wally incident. Honestly that little whelp isn't worth my time anymore-- he's dead?"

"No but he's basically on Death Row. He and Batgirl were on patrol on the West side of Gotham and got ambushed. Babs said it was you... right before she passed out."

Jason adjusted the helmet on his hip.

"West? I was on the East side for two days now taking care of some... thugs."

This time Nightwing scoffed at him.

"And why should I believe you? I'm pretty sure you're the only 'red hood' guy around here!"

Jason shifted on his feet and slightly lowered his eyes. Something he used to do when he got busted at the Manor.

"That's right. Isn't it?"

Jason sighed and shook his head.

"No... I don't think so. I thought I was crazy but... I did see another guy, only once, with a similar helmet. It was before all this 'Wally' stuff happened. He was across from me, on another rooftop. We looked at each other for a minute and then he just... left."

Nightwing slowly put away his escrima sticks and reached for his communicator.

"Yeah, you're crazy alright... but so am I. Don't move."

He pressed a button on the device and M'gann's voice came through, offering a quick greeting.

"M'gann, how many people are at the Tower?"

"Only those that live here. Everyone else has gone home... why?"

"I need you at the coordinates I give you ASAP! And only you."