Plan B

Sooo..... this is happening now.

Please keep in mind that I am NOT a doctor!
_______________________________________

"Leslie it's been sixteen weeks! It's not working, if anything it seems to be getting worse!"

(A "cycle" is generally a week of treatment. He's had eight cycles. The other eight weeks were weeks of rest. Apparently, according to Google, the standard amount of cycles are 4-8. Dick has now had 8.)

"Bruce--"

"He can barely even get up anymore. And his pain levels are getting worse, he's never hungry, and every breath he takes in is a struggle!"

There was silence in the med-bay hall.

Leslie has rarely ever seen him get this... emotional.

And in the Watch Tower off all places!

"I understand that Bruce but due to his medical history, the risk is just--"

"Leslie I don't care about that risk anymore! Either we do the surgery and give him a chance or we watch him die!"

She was silent for a moment before looking over at Dick.

He was slouched in the recliner, the IV still in his arms.

He was skinny, too skinny.

His hair was thinning and no longer at it's sheen.

His skin was pale and clammy, and every breath he took in rattled his chest.

His eyes were dull and half-lidded.

But they were open, watching them argue. You can't tell what his emotions are anymore.

His head was resting on his bony palm, Wally was on one side of him and Jason was on the other.

Both had their arms crossed, getting more impatient by the second.

Tim and Barbara weren't there though.

But, it's not because they didn't want to be.

There's an emergency going on in Gotham. And they both decided that Bruce was needed at the Watch Tower more.

"Dick..." she said gently.

"I know you didn't want to pursue treatment in the first place. And you know your body better than any of us. The next step is your decision."

Bruce's eyes narrowed and his temper was obviously flaring but he bit his tongue and looked to Dick.

Said man's face remained indifferent to it all while he closed his eyes and sighed.

"I just want this finished. I don't care how it ends. If I do the surgery, either I'll survive this hell... or I'll be free of it. Either way, it's the quickest option."

Leslie felt her heart sink yet at the same time felt a bit of hope ignite.

Dick opened his eyes again.

"Do it."
_______________________________________

I'm sorry it's short but I'm at work right now and it honestly seemed fine where it is.

Next chapter will be his surgery.