Twelve

there ain't nothing here for me
there ain't nothing here for me anymore
but i don't wanna be alone

*****

Rubbing my hands into my face I try to ignore the squealing and pounding echoing through out the hallway

Rubbing my hands into my face I try to ignore the squealing and pounding echoing through out the hallway. Bringing my attention back to my computer on my desk I try to go back to my work. My eyes scan over the data in front of me. Our gang had just order 500,000 dollars in drugs from another gang. Due to the high demand of these drugs, in order to have access we needed to pay half upfront. This payment was made three months ago, still we had nothing.

Vincent was able to hack into their computer systems, as he does so well, and found out this gang would be at our usual club. The only thing standing in our way was that we didn't have a baiter. A baiters job is to lure out a target, get them somewhere private and distracted. Once they're aloof and unaware, they get killed. It was simple enough. I've come to realize how simple and easy men where, it made me keep my guard up.

Our last baiter came from a sex trafficking ring, every once and a while someone from our team spots someone good enough to save, it was the easiest way to get someone. They where desperate for saving. Cierra was our last baiter, she was extremely attractive, but too easily manipulated. Which got her killed about a month ago. The ring where we usually get them from got shut down two weeks ago, so now we became the desperate ones.

Another loud squeal comes from across the hall pulling me away from the important work. "Fuck!" Some girl yells out. Quickly I stand up and push the door of my office open and make my way to the basement. I see Vincent downing a glass of scotch while he rubs his head. "Your brother won't shut the fuck up." He groans, annoyance laced thickly through his voice. I mimic him and pour myself a drink. "Any more details on the payment?" Vinnie questions as I take a seat on the barstool next to him.

"I just need a baiter." He gives me a nod as he takes another sip of his drink, we both think quietly to ourselves. "Athena." He says, an amused laugh escapes my lips. "You think she'd do something like that without gaining anything from it?" Giving me a blank face he continues on. "Make her." He says as if it's obvious. "Oh yeah? And I'd threaten her with what family or friends? There's no way I could make her do that." I shake my head as I take a sip of the alcohol. "Drug the bitch." Sams says as he enters the basement. "I'll gladly do it again. Hell, I'll even kidnap her."

I debate the decision, she would be extremely useful. Not only for this mission, but every other one after that. "I don't know..." I say truthfully. "No way her pussy was that good." Sam edges on. "No Sam, she would be a liability. To all of us." He scoffs as he pours himself a drink. "How's that Griffin?"

"Watch your tone with me Calabrese." I say as I slam the rest of my drink down. "I'll get her to come over here tonight. How does that sound?" I look over at Vinnie, then back at Sam waiting for an answer. They give me nothing, so I leave back up to my office alone.