Chapter 1: Acquiring A Picture

871 words, 4 minutes

FLASHBACK

"The wave of power you guys have been trying to hold back with your pointless status and traditions has grown bigger than you can handle and is now descending upon us," said the one and only Gojo Satoru in an ominous tone.

Miwa Kasumi found it impressive that he could hold such malice in his voice while sporting a smile.

"I think..." started the 76-year-old voice of Principal Gakuganji, principal of Kyoto Jujutsu High.

"...you're getting a bit out of line," he finished, glowering at Gojo through his long white eyebrows.

"Ooh, scary!" joked Gojo, leaning back against the green couch and crossing his arms. His childish indifference just now was jarring to Miwa.

The board at both Tokyo and Kyoto Jujutsu High largely consisted of elderly men who were conservative traditionalists that often clashed with those that had progressive ambition.

Like Gojo Satoru.

What a shame, she thought. I would definitely listen to Gojo if he wanted me to. I'm sure his ideas are amazing like him!

"Well, that's all I wanted to say," said Gojo, concluding the 10-minute meeting. "I'll be going now."

That woke Miwa up far more than it should've. He's leaving already?!

But she stood straight with her hands behind her back like the devoted secretary she was, trying desperately to mask how badly she wanted him to stay.

She had to contain herself as he passed the sliding door.

He shocked her when he peeked through again, holding a hand out.

"By the way, Principal Yaga will be coming in 2 hours! That false schedule of his really messed up big time!" said Gojo, waving for good this time. "Later."

Two hours?! thought Miwa. That's a lot of time.

Principal Gakuganji seemed to think the same thing, for he sighed deeply.

"Miwa, could you buy me some tea?" he asked kindly.

"Yes!"

She walked promptly to the sliding door and exited the room. "Excuse me," she said formally before shutting it.

Then she sprung to life and started sprinting down the wooden halls. She squealed delightedly.