Chapter 8: When The Plan Works

2018 words, 10 minutes

Gojo stood in the exact same spot as before Itadori left.

"Where are they?" he wondered aloud. Is there another curse attack? No, there can't be. I don't sense anything dangerous...

Wait.

He whirled around upon detecting a potent amount of cursed energy coming his way, though it wasn't tainted with any malice.

He met calm brown eyes.

"Oh. Fancy seeing you here," said the feminine owner of the brown eyes.

Gojo smiled at her unmasked irritation. "Utahime," he drawled playfully, extending his hands as if asking for a hug. "Today was fun, right?"

"I guess," she replied. "Beautiful weather, that's for sure."

There was a pause as they both waited for the train and their students.

"You know what else is beautiful?" asked Gojo.

"Don't say—"

"Me." He smiled gloatingly, running his fingers through his wild white locks and not paying attention to Utahime's seething face.

~

"Where's Fushiguro?" hissed Kugisaki to Itadori.

"I don't know!" he mouthed back. "I texted him!"

"Guys," whisper-shouted Miwa. Kugisaki and Itadori were silently arguing over not knowing Fushiguro's whereabouts, so she tried a little louder. "Guys!"

Suddenly, she saw Utahime whirl around. Miwa hid behind the thin pillar. Damn this station and its open platform, its lack of hiding places.

She, Kugisaki and Itadori were spread out. Gojo and Utahime were currently standing several metres away from the station entrance, putting them roughly near the 4th pair of pillars.

Kugisaki and Itadori were right across each other with a front-row seat of all the action, and Miwa was behind Itadori.

She frantically pretended to fumble through her bag just in case Utahime walked past her. She and Kugisaki had made sure to salvage whatever was left of their belongings before getting Miwa to indirectly ask Utahime to accompany her back home.

If she spotted her, they were screwed.

~

"Did you hear that?" questioned Utahime, scanning the station. There were many people here still waiting for a train to get out. She supposed they were still shaken up from the attack by Mahito and Geto today.

"I sense cursed energy."

"Maybe there's another sorcerer here that's going home, too," guessed Gojo, briskly making his way past Utahime. "Whoever they are, let's wish them a safe trip."