Chapter 4: The Strength Of A Curse's Ideology

1886 words, 9 minutes

The attention of all the jujutsu sorcerers present at the beach was gathered as a man screamed over what looked like his child being lifted in midair and slightly frothing at the mouth.

"So they are here, Geto," said a certain special-grade curse with flowing blue hair, a simple indigo shirt and matching pants.

"Looks like we're gonna get ourselves many more soccer balls," responded Geto with a knowing expression.

"I didn't mean to kick Jogo's head that far!"

"He's lost at sea probably and it's all your fault. Hanami's not gonna be able to find him alone."

"Look, we'll help Hanami find him later, right now we gotta clear this beach of—"

The centipede-like curse Mahito was manipulating via his cursed energy gagged and sputtered nastily when a nail punctured its neck. Both men instantly swerved their heads towards the direction the nail came from.

Kugisaki stood there in a battle stance, holding her hammer out. "At least pick on someone your own size," she sassed, straight orange hair falling over an eye.

Mahito smiled sickly and looked her up and down. "Doesn't look like that's you."

A prominent vein on her forehead signified her anger.

Itadori was much farther away from the commotion, but he could still make out what was happening. Widening his eyes in shock, his athleticism propelled him towards the centre of the beach.

"EVERYBODY RUN!" he shouted.

The beachgoers didn't need to be told twice.

"Curse this atmosphere," muttered Mahito. "Time to manipulate some souls."

Geto nodded. "Use their fear to your advantage." Without another word, he sped off to fight the sorcerers, brashly elbowing civilians.

Toge made it in front of him. Just as Geto was about to drive his elbow onto his neck, Toge nimbly ducked and side-stepped, fists bared.

"Toge! Immobilize him when it's time!" shouted Maki, expertly spinning her bo staff on her right hand before grabbing both ends and attempting to stab Geto's stomach with the bladed end, but he timed it and grabbed the wood just before the blade to fling her away. She thought quick and landed on her feet, skidding across the sand.

"MAKI!" yelled Kugisaki, throwing a few nails and hitting them consecutively with her hammer. Geto just barely managed to stop their speed with a wall of dark purple cursed energy.

"Don't move."

The words infused with cursed energy by Toge made Geto instantly freeze, and he didn't like that. He did his best to resist, and given how demanding Toge's command was, it made him struggle on the spot.