Chapter 7: When You Scheme Love

1044 words, 5 minutes

"Alright, does everybody know their roles?" asked Kugisaki, taking charge. She and Miwa mostly came up with the plan.

"I still think this is a stupid idea," said Fushiguro. "Gojo-sensei's love life doesn't concern us. It's none of our business."

"Hmm, I dunno, Megumi... I think it'll be pretty interesting to see how he'll react," said Itadori, looking over at Miwa. "You're sure this Iori lady likes Gojo-sensei?"

"She can't stand him!" Miwa said proudly.

Itadori, Kugisaki and even Fushiguro stared at her with a blank expression.

"Then..." started Kugisaki. "...how are we gonna see him behave lovingly if she hates him?"

"Cases where lovers actually drive each other crazy aren't uncommon," explained Miwa, who suddenly flashed them a scheming grin. "Besides..."

She pointed at Itadori. "It's like Itadori-san said; it'll be interesting to see how he reacts. In person. Be honest with me, have any of you ever seen him flirting?"

They all shook their heads.

"You missed that today..." she muttered to herself, whistling.

"OK, I'm back!" exclaimed Gojo, waving at them. "What's going on?" Then he gasped quietly.

"Are you all planning on going to Roppongi without me?"

Before they could cut in and answer, Gojo held his hands up in surrender. "Look, I promise I'll take you, it's just that today—"

"Sensei, that's not it! We understand! We were simply just thinking of staying here a little longer." To make it look more convincing, Kugisaki looped her arm around Miwa's. "I made a new friend!"

"Oh, Miwa-chan," acknowledged Gojo, smiling widely. "I think you girls will get along very well."

"I know, right?" said Kugisaki through clenched teeth, barely suppressing laughter as she stared at Miwa, who chuckled in return.

Their plan was going to be fun, and they both knew it.

Fushiguro (surprisingly) raised his hand. "I need to go to the bathroom real quick. I'll meet you at Atami Station," he informed quietly, spinning on his heel and leisurely walking in search of a bathroom stall.

"I'll go to the station with you, Sensei!" offered Itadori.

"Sounds perfect, Yuuji," approved Gojo, taking long strides. "Do you have all your stuff with you?"

"I gathered whatever was left," said Itadori, following his teacher. "I lost some stuff, though, like my Jennifer Lawrence magazines." His expression saddened.